tried to change avatar

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Mantle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omega Man

How can I respond when you lock the topic - even for private pm. What do you want me to do? I tried the humorous route - no joy . I tried altering it to a non offensive route but still funny. Would you rather I go away? OK -- no worries. I can always disappear === poofff ,,, now you see me ...... now you don`t .

Dude... Why are you getting so upset? The thread you posted was unnecessary("Old sourpuss rules"). I nicely asked you to change your avatar which you did. I even said "no harm no foul." What do you want from me. Ask anyone here, I am not dick or a heavy-handed moderator. Even after all this I ask that you stay and continue to contribute like you always have, you are still welcome because I think this has just been a big misunderstanding. The choice is yours.

*I'm leaving this thread open to Dave only if he chooses to respond, any other member responses are unnecessary and will be deleted.

~O~

Hey Dave I certainly hope that you don't drop off as I certainly enjoy the pommie input immensely. I didn't get around to commenting on your avatar but I did enjoy it thoroughly , maybe it is our warped sense of humour. Keep up the good work!! :good: :salute: :good:

Yeah don't go away mad, Dave.
It seemed to be a misunderstanding.

I enjoy reading your posts and I especially like the way you think to do it when others say it can't be done! Much of this forum was built on that way of thinking.

I may appear to be upset but am not. Just a little peeved that the original thread was locked thus preventing me from giving a reply. I know that this is a family friendly forum and the avatar that appeared to give offense was suggested by my g/daughter who thought it was funny. My choice was going to be that of Felix pacing across the room.Funny thing - the original post is unavailable so I can not even read it in order to make sure I said what I intended , especially the " old sourpuss rules " comment. Not sure if it actually came out the way it was meant to and now I will never know.
Isn`t the point of an avatar to shows ones sense of humor? At work I have a very dry , sometimes caustic , wit. I hardly smile mainly because I have a slight impediment which prevents it. I have some of my workmates rolling on the floor because they know my sense of humor - those who do not know me very well are just perplexed and that in itself can create even more fun . Forums are no more than chat rooms and until people know each others style they are impersonal . How can the precipitant see the glint in ones eye when typing? Where is the dividing line between having fun and " taking the piss " without the physical presence which allows the body language to tell the whole picture instead of just the written word.

I like this forum very much because it allows me to stretch my mechanical thought processes , unlike the UK equivalent site. Sometimes going off on a tangent can bring up some surprisingly new answers to problems because they have not always been looked at in that way before. I like to share and create solutions even though some of them are so different and " off the wall " that , when analyzed , they are blindingly obvious but not seen before. I once fitted a set of front forks from a CBR600 onto a BMW 750/6 mainly because I wanted them but the shop where I bought them said that I am wasting money because , in his words , they word never fit. Took a couple of weeks thinking how to do it then welding and using a lathe but they worked a treat. Similarly fitting Suzuki forks and a Yamaha Virago seat unit onto a CX500 took just the application of thought , angle grinder and welder.

Keep up the good work David " you old sourpuss pommie ba$tard" :smilie_happy: :good:

The many vagaries of the English language cause ambiguities which can lead to unintentional misunderstandings . Shove that in your pipe and smoke it : :head bang: : :doh:

Is this avatar acceptable? or am I taking the piss again?

Latest posts