Trike Master Cylinder Question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles franz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to use the master cylinder from the 97 Mustang that the rear end came from, Has anyone put a tee on the output from the primary to the secondary than to the disc brakes? This master shares the same fluid bowl for both. I am wondering if somehow if outputs will be a problem, Trying to back up to each outher before the pressure leaves to the the disc calipers, Thanks for any input. Charlie in NC

I would think you would need the proportioning valve too, I`m sure it has been done or at least tried before.
EDIT..Nevermind, I read your post wrong..I really dont know.

Are you planning on having both fronts activate when the back ones do? Or you going to keep them separate on front? .. so at low speed you can use the hand brake.. and if needed also use foot brake to bring to a stop? .. this consideration does require a brief think anyway in my mind.. if joining front brakes together. Then you could use a 4 wheel proportioning valve from a newer car.. if keeping fronts separate then the front/back valve could be used.. and if combining fronts on the hand brake and tears on foot no valve would be required... just my random thinking going on here..

I think if it were me I'd just use the primary output and run the secondary line back into the master reservoir.

Latest posts