Trip from AZ to NY in May 2011

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecool

Reaction score
anyone looking for a riding friend to accompany them? I'm going from northern AZ to NY on or about May 1st , 2011.......be nice to ride alongside another Goldwinger! Let me know! Joe

:beg: Man that would be a nice trip. :yes: never been on a long one like that.bet it be cool. :whistling: .dose any on know if theres going to be a big get together for the 30th year of the gl1100. :thanks:

the trip was way more uncomfortable than I thought it would be. Even with the Airwing seat cushion I could only go about 75 miles without wanting to pull over and get off my bottom. Made it 2450 miles , got to NY and dreaded the trip back. But I made it without any tire issues or any other major problems. But no more trips for me. I'll stick with the car from now on.

nothing, I just found out the hard way that long trips aren't for everyone

I remember the posts back when you were in the planning stage and thinking I could never do 1200 miles a day. My trip down down here to Phoenix from Chicago was just opposite and probably the most enjoyable trip I have ever taken although not even in the same ballpark as yours. I only had one day over 500 miles (611) and took 3 1/2 days to get here. I met several other riders and rode for a ways with some. I was kind of amazed at the number of older people touring the country on Goldwings. I met a guy in Las Cruces, NM in his 70's that had a big bushy beard with a 1500 and a sidecar and his dog rode with him in the sidecar. The only thing I would have done different is I would have left earlier. I came down in late October and had to go down through Alamagordo because of the cold in Flagstaff.

Glad you made it safe, even if it wasn't enjoyable.

Sounds like you're up for an "Iron Butt" award! :mrgreen: :moped:

Glad ya survived, anyway. I can't imagine takin that long of a trip on a bike...Congrats! :hi:

AApple":f6s2790x said:
Sounds like you're up for an "Iron Butt" award! :mrgreen: :moped:

Glad ya survived, anyway. I can't imagine takin that long of a trip on a bike...Congrats! :hi:

HEY! Thats a good idea! Add an "Iron Butt" award to your profile if you have made one of these trips with your Wing! (Not really sure what the award would look like though. :hihihi: :ahem: )