upgrade headlight 82 aspencde

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibi

Reaction score
Wanting to get a little brighter light at the headlight.Is there a better headlight that works best.Thanks

35 or 50 watt HID is my best suggestion.
I just put a 35 watt 6000k in mine. Well worth the cost.

Here's my install thread viewtopic.php?p=70030#p70030

Is the reflector in good condition?
That makes a big difference even with a stock bulb.

Replace the whole light. I went through the stages: Replaced the bulb with a silverstar, some improvement, but not much. Then I took it out and cleaned the reflector, some more improvement. Then I just went and got a Silverstar 6014 sealed beam. More light, better pattern of light and lower amperage draw.

The new sealed beam will just go right in to the original, same plug, same mount, Boom, you are done.

Only thing is not legal in U.K. due to the lens pattern is designed for driving on the right side of the road.

^^^What they said. I went the same route; started with the SilverStar bulb, then went to the replacement SilverStar sealed beam.
However.........Dan's very detailed and glowing write up about the HID replacement indicates that it's the only way to go :Egyptian: Haven't done it just yet, but I will....