Valkyrie Temptation

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furyfan2

Reaction score
I was checking out the Honda motorcycles on Craig's list a couple days ago. I stumbled on a '98 Valkyrie with the six pipe cobra exhaust. It had a great price ! There's only one problem. My garage can only take one big bike. It would mean selling my 1981 Interstate . I've owned the old girl for almost 17 years . She has taken me from Florida to California twice ('95 ,'98 ) .She is still bulletproof . I rode her on a 320 mile day trip a few weeks ago . My old wing needs a new exhaust and few other minor things. I am very tempted by the Valkyarie. I really don't know much about the six piped wonder, other than it has the goldwing 1500cc engine . Is it really as great as it looks? Maybe I am being atracted by a pretty face . What do you think ??? :help:

ive never seen a bad running one ......id say its the only bike i would like to have that i dont.....but icouldnt get rid of my old wing for it id have to find some space somehow...... :mrgreen:

furyfan2":3qcvtp7j said:
Is it really as great as it looks? Maybe I am being atracted by a pretty face . What do you think ??? :help:

What do I think? I think it's one thing to look at pretty faces with boy'ish curiosity, but can it fix a taco and open a beer just the right way? :ahem:

Fat bottom girls you make the rock'n world go 'round! :music:
Get on your Interstate and ride!

dan filipi":rqzur2p4 said:
The Valkyrie is a good bike but it's not dressed.
Gotta be dressed for long trips like that.

The valkyie interstate is dressed with a fairing,hard bags and a trunk.but a bit harder to find.

Tory":1cgo5xnp said:
dan filipi":1cgo5xnp said:
The Valkyrie is a good bike but it's not dressed.
Gotta be dressed for long trips like that.

The valkyie interstate is dressed with a fairing,hard bags and a trunk.but a bit harder to find.

Great machines,those Valks,get the bike if the price is right, you'll figure out how to fit it in your garage :mrgreen:

My next bike is a Valkyrie Interstate!

Attachments

• !B0vcrl!B2k~$(KGrHqF,!i8E)sJqKiN-BMboH3py-w~~_12.jpg
    !B0vcrl!B2k~$(KGrHqF,!i8E)sJqKiN-BMboH3py-w~~_12.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 123
As much I can recall it's a great machine.If your tall guy you might need to get a taller seat since it won't acomodate your legs as a gl1100.Since it's a bit of a lower bike than a gl1100 your visibilty could be reduced compared to your actual bike.The rest is a bullet proof engine (if it has been taken care of properly by previous owner)It has a smoother engine (which I dont really appreciate that much)Thats my personal opinion :mrgreen: .And a twist of the throttle will surely make you hold on to those bars & it has excellent stopping power compensated with great front suspension.As a choice I would prefer the interstate as other members stated cause of the fairing and bags.Ive riddeng pass them and they seem kind of low from my seating position on my 82 gl.Oh and also has an excellent balance.(guess it would be on slow speed) since fast its simply a nice little rocket.A friend of mine had the standard one after selling his 80 gl1100.This is the comments from him I can recall.I'm 6,2" and he is taller than me so I guess he'd be aroun 6,4".I would go check that bike out if not close to you another available one and at the least sit on it and see how you feel.Different people will give you different opinions based on factors conserning their likes on riding also looks.I did sat on one at berts mega mall sometime ago and it wasn't my cup of tea.Great Bike go check it out.You may never know.......could be love at first sight :mrgreen: Good luck on your decision :yes:

I ended up with my 83 when the previous owner bought a Valk. He loved the Valk and just quit riding his Wing. I am happy he made the call.