VJMC Regional Rally - Bedford, IN 8/18 - 8/21/2010

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveA-wing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm packing up the trailer getting ready to leave on Wed. for the VJMC rally.

It is being held at:

Comfort Inn
911 Constitution Av.
Bedford, IN 47421
Phone: (812) 279-8111

Most activities will take place on Friday and Saturday.

I'm bringing my GL-1100 and a couple of my other bikes.

Hope to see you there.

This is from the VJMC website:

Hoosier Hills Regional VJMC Rally
August 18-21, 2010: Bedford, Indiana
One of the secrets of Indiana is that some really good riding is in the Southern part of the state. Bedford, Indiana is in the heart of the hills caused by the glaciers ten thousand years ago and provide challenging riding that is not beyond any rider.

There will be rides that are ideal for the smaller bikes as well as others. There will be a Motorcycle Rodeo based on the "Ride Like A Pro" CD put out by Jerry Paladino. Get the CD and practice and show us your skills on Saturday. This will be followed by a Banquet Saturday night with the featured speaker, Dick Klamfoth, 3 time winner of the Daytona 200.

Plan to be with us for some great riding fun AND some good Southern Indiana cuisine.

VJMC Contact: Jim Townsend, jtownsend[at]vjmc[dot]org or 260-839-5203 for more information.

hmmm ...didnt know anything about it .....ilive in southern in. about 40 miles south of bedford on the patoka lake ......i will try to go there to meet you ....like you said theres a lot of nice riding in southern indiana .....kind of a throw back in time of about 50 years or so .....

i will look for you steveawing....thanks for letting me know about it

I always try to plan a vacation around one of the VJMC rallys. Went to the one in St. Joseph, MO last year.
It was a toss up whether to go to Metric Fest in Omaha,NE or go to Bedford this year. Decided on Bedford cause it's only about a 5 hour drive.

I'm looking forward to the riding as always.

Just look me up when you get there.

Steve

steve im sorry i couldnt make it .....i spent my weekend actuly going down to columbia tn. to pick up an 83 1100i that looks exactly like yours that has front end damage .....and meeting tim ...oldhack 62 forum member anyway i hope thr ride and meet and all was a good time for you maybr next time ..... :mrgreen:

Hey I understand completely!
I don't think I could turn down picking up a wing.

Anyway, I wasn't the only wing there, there was a great looking '84 1100 that showed up also.

There was a lot of great riding that took place, I know I rode over 1000 mi. including the 300 mi each way to and from.

I'll upload some pictures if I can find my !@#$% cable for my camera.

Here is a picture of most of the bikes that were at the rally. Lot's of great riding was had by all.

Attachments

• VJMC Bedford Rally 2010.jpg
    VJMC Bedford Rally 2010.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 127