W-2 tax form virus!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
Hey folks,
I got this message from one of my Transmission Tech forum guys. Don't know if it's the real deal or not, but it's something to maybe watch out for...
I rarely EVER open attachments from anyone I don't know, especially ones that supposedly come from the Gov-ment..."I ain't fallin for the nanner in da tailpipe trick..." :smilie_happy:
Just thought I'd pass this along... :mrgreen:

Hey Gang,
At this tax time & all, a Virus/Trojan was sent to me this AM that looked legit but had a file called w-2 update.doc file attached to it DO NOT Open it or Fall for it!
Trying to give others the heads up

dan filipi":a6ne5a7w said:
BigAndrew":a6ne5a7w said:
Thanks for the heads up... Specially sine i dont have an anti-virus on my pc :laptop:

OOO, avg is free and all I've ever used.

That's what I'm useing. I like it, but nothing is 100% carefree. I think avg is the best freeware out there. And it beats the heck out of nothing!

Me 3 to the Grisoft AVG free home version, used it for years and it's the best freeware out there. Years ago I had issues when using Norton, even with the most recent updates... Downloaded AVG and had 4 Virus' that AVG caught... never looked back!

MOST e-mailed viruses can only "get ya" if you open the attachment(s), which I never do myself. Sometimes, however, they can sneak in on ya while surfin the 'net.
computer001.gif

I have AVG, Avast, Spyware Terminator, AdAware, and a couple of others I use at least once a week. Malwarebytes is prolly the best I've seen, and it is free, also. Norton sux, imo...McAfee is pretty good, but not very user friendly, at least not for me. The best virus protection is active, meaning it runs continuously...which tends to use a lot of CPU capacity...which tends to slow yer puter down to a crawl...
Angry-PC-User.gif

Although McAfee has a program called Stinger you load on a thumbdrive or a cd and when you boot from the drive it will run a fast program looking for virus' and trojans and is updated about every week or two.. have used it to get the boot sector checked also..