Well Gentlemen... I have the pleasure to report...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilidawg

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That I finally think I got it right!

And that Tom Langdon's stovebolt carb was the final link in the chain that it needed.

It is a little gutless below 3K (show me one that isn't,) but take it over 4 and that thing runs like a scalded cat! :BigGrin:

I spoke to HOTT last week and he told me, "Man you should've said, 4 out of 10 of those carbs are trash! I would've just given you a new one"!

As of today though, I truly believe I am at the end of my 15 year journey. :smilie_happy:

And now it's raining like a SOB here in south Texas, "but that is temporary"!!!

Okay, so maybe I just meant...

Compared to what it's like @ over 4K!

The thing runs beautifully man. :yahoo:

It has been so long since this thing has run right, through cam' and head change outs, C5 install and that didn't help either. Not to mention major carburation changes.

That perhaps.... I can't remember!

The thing runs beautifully man. :yahoo:

It has been so long since this thing has run right, through cam' and head change outs, C5 install and that didn't help either.

Very glad you took the time to get an old wing running again.
NOW go enjoy it for many years to come.

It finally quit raining down here in south Texas. So I got to take it out for a run, and....

I have a monster on my hands.

Today went from this:- :beg:

To this:- :BigGrin: :Egyptian: :yahoo: :smilie_happy:

In 30 minutes:- :builder:

Excellent news Joe! :rocks: I hope to be able to report the same soon. :clapping:

I took mine out today for a run long enough to count fuel mileage.

Some traffic, some freeway, some country road, then more freeway and then much more traffic.

Kind of what you'd call around here, average. Result was 38 MPG. that would make pure cruising way up into the 40's.

So next time out I'm gonna give it another ½ turn out on the carb (that'll make about 3½-4) see if I can't pick up on that low RPM some, and make it spin a little freer.

C5 here is the beauty of it, it don't matter how much gas you through in it, those 3 sparks will burn it!

My only other complaint is that I've either got to grow a stronger right thumb muscle, or find a slightly weaker throttle return spring..... :wave:

My only other complaint is that I've either got to grow a stronger right thumb muscle, or find a slightly weaker throttle return spring...

..or buy a cramp buster. It works great even for just riding around in stop and go traffic because it takes that strain off your thumb and wrist!

image.php

I did it, in fact I came out ¾ instead of the ½ that I'd planned.

And the damn thing runs like an ultra-controllable speed demon :rocks:

Gone! is the gutlessness below 3K, no hesitation whatsoever from idle to 8K :Egyptian:

And I even found me the perfect return spring, with a spare, in a bunch I'd had all along.

What a day!! :smilie_happy: :builder: :thanks:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150797#p150797:s6uwn01h said:
joedrum » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 am[/url]":s6uwn01h]
great deal..
+1 :good: :clapping:

Latest posts