What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wrecked 1800 was delivered today, we got a lot done on it, I'll start a thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193530#p193530:12tzohxu said:
slabghost » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:34 am[/url]":12tzohxu]
Got all the intake horn O rings replaced on the Valk.
:clapping: :good:

Got it on the road!
63548d7d2070f6dcfc634d27cf21751a.jpg

We were very blessed that there was not much wrong other than the forks and triple tree.

After looking at that 1800 I think that blue is pretty. I know you're going cherry though. I'm just having second thoughts.

I got out on the 1800 last night, what a difference from my 1000! People probably think I'm a new rider because I jerk all over the place taking off trying to find the sweet spot, I'll get it eventually...lol.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193653#p193653:zql7nwq5 said:
rob.lafady » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:45 am[/url]":zql7nwq5]
I got out on the 1800 last night, what a difference from my 1000! People probably think I'm a new rider because I jerk all over the place taking off trying to find the sweet spot, I'll get it eventually...lol.

rookie :)
light on the gas and slip the clutch

I took the 87 on a little trip to the dark side... That makes this the third bike this wheel/tire is on. Currently has just shy of 12,000 miles on it and there are still several thousand still on it.

Took the '78 out on the road for the first time in over a month. Been firing it up, but haven't ridden it. "New" electric fuel pump provided an instant start. Life is good. Except it seems that I've developed a bit of a water pump coolant leak. That's probably the bike's way of saying, "you should be riding me more often."

Riding in Phoenix in July/August is not that fun.

I took the 1800 for a ride 2 up with my wife, the new bike gets the thumbs up from both of us! I really need to get the flat fixed on the '78, she's gonna be angry at me before too long! lol

Filled the gas tank on the 84 trike and noticed a small leak at the top edge of the tank. I previously covered the entire tank with JB Weld steel because it had a multitude of pinholes, thought I had sealed all of them. We leaked checked the tank with soapy water before I put it on the bike and didn't see any bubbles. I guess the full tank of gas generated enough pressure to re-open one of the holes.

I removed the tank which means I had to totally remove the trike portion to get the tank out. Once it was out, I again leak checked the tank with soapy water and air pressure, but couldn't get any bubbles. WTF? I saw the gasoline spurting out when the tank was on the bike, but can't get it to blow bubbles.

I have another tank, so I'll clean it up and leak check it before putting it in the bike. It takes a full day to re-assemble the trike portion, so I want to be sure the tank doesn't leak before I put it in the bike.

Oh yeah, I also walked 9 holes of golf this morning early. Good exercise, but my scores suck.

Latest posts