What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195289#p195289:3424oarw said:
Ansimp » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:12 pm[/url]":3424oarw]
Great to see that you caught up with Paul Brian. :good:
He is a great guy and it is nice to see that tractor pulling has been a productive area for C5s.

He did mention that's why he hasn't been on this form very much. Business and life are busy for him right now.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195291#p195291:2ao9tsat said:
mjanderson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:26 pm[/url]":2ao9tsat]
Finally enjoying the benefits of the nearly 3 years of working bringing my oldwing back to life. Not having ridden any motorcycle for nearly 40 years (and that experience just a Yamaha 360 enduro), I have been very pleasantly surprised. What a powerful and well-engineered machine! Not having ridden anything this big, I don't have something to compare it with, but I am impressed.

Mike

Be sure you keep your mouth closed while you're smiling and riding Mike... bugs are crunchy

added lights to my wing

Attachments

• 20170830_183857.jpg
    20170830_183857.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 68
What are those lights and where did you get them? I have a pair of rectangular "Fog lights" but one is broken and they used a ton of juice when they did work. I would love to replace them with something more application appropriate. Thanx, Dave

Take a look on EBay for the lights I have on my bike. These lights make on-coming drivers hit their high beams.

Adjustable-Motorcycle-4Inch18W-LED-Driving-Fog-Spot-Spotlight-Lamp-Light

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195299#p195299:7yrmhm9p said:
D-50Dave » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:26 am[/url]":7yrmhm9p]
What are those lights and where did you get them? I have a pair of rectangular "Fog lights" but one is broken and they used a ton of juice when they did work. I would love to replace them with something more application appropriate. Thanx, Dave
i can't remember which ebay vendor I got them from dave all I remember is that they were 10w led lights, I think they are cree brand. I'm going to add some 3.5 or 4" lights soon. probably get a set of cree brand led lights for those

detdrbuzzard":2t0wnrsv said:
I was out riding around on my wing yesterday and started hearing noise from what I think are the front wheel bearings
Could be, but often found to just be front tire noise as they get worn. Bearings cost less, though!

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Adjusted the valves yesterday....new gaskets for the valve covers. Today i put in the new front wheel bearings that have been sitting in my toolbox since 2015. The old ones seemed to still be ok but now i know the exact condition of them. Put new HH pads in the left front caliper. Changed the oil & filter...I went 5000 miles this time as I had synthetic in it. Went back to conventional oil this time to see if I can tell the difference.

Took Bertha (the 1800) out yesterday with my local CMA chapter, 225 miles two up, still have almost half a tank of gas left.
e7801ac151364bae2a0172ced3b603a5.jpg
833c00b31157450dae51fd7846df3758.jpg
9a4974c49d5866f53f826973c9a35578.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Took Val for a strap for work today and wasn't disappointed. Switched to reserve on the way home and couldn't stop for fuel as I was meeting a mate at home. I think I will use Val again tomorrow so that I can fuel her up in the morning.

Not today, but the last week or so... Been getting 'er whipped back road worthy.
Over the weekend rode Kanan to the beach a few times rippin it, and looped to Simi and back.
Found out cleaning the carb, they never drilled a passage through so the accelerator pump could work. Chinese folk crack me up :doh:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195512#p195512:pusagzji said:
pidjones » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:03 pm[/url]":pusagzji]
detdrbuzzard":pusagzji said:
I was out riding around on my wing yesterday and started hearing noise from what I think are the front wheel bearings
Could be, but often found to just be front tire noise as they get worn. Bearings cost less, though!

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk
wheel bearings were bad

I rode to work this morning for the first time in nearly a month. :moped: The front fork rebuild is a complete success and the left caliper settled in and quit dragging. :Egyptian: :party: :music: :yahoo:

Latest posts