What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, just a ride is a good thing!

Yesterday I vacuum bled my brakes and the pedal firmed up good so I'm happy about that so far and rode to the station to fill her up.

It's been too damn hot here to ride, or I'm getting lazy I guess.
With working brakes and cooler temps coming that's about to change.

took my bike out for a spin today, still a good runner and always fun to ride but I took the pickup out after supper nice ride but I have a laundry list of to-do's on this that is as long as my arm. But I have to admit its nice to have her on the road finally :music:

ok got bored and after talking with jd. i decided to try a role of epoxy. didn't have to take the carbs off .allready had everything off to take them off .so insted i put the epoxy on the ones that wernt messed up. and then made some for the ones that was. :builder: let it set for about an hour. then started her up :moped: and went to get some gas after she started purring. went on a 10 mile round trip and i doged her a little so i could find out if she was going to overheat. but she never even got out of the cold bar. 70 degrees and slow rideingfigured if she was going to heat up going slow would couse it.didn't even have to turn on the fan. :yahoo: so now all i got to do is get the rear brakes working,and some new tires.and should be knees in the breeze. :thanks:

:yahoo: I'm a happy camper now, if anyone needs keys, pm roncar, he knows his stuff and can fix u up, plus he's a real nice guy. :good: See, this site just saved me about forty dollars just on the keys I needed. :yes: That's why it is so worth supporting..Thanks CGW.

Learned how to pick up a GoldWing laying on it's side today.

Been riding on and off for over 50 years and KNOW good and well there's risk involved in leaving a bike idling out of gear. More so on any incline. Knowing that I've done it time and time again with out any ill effect provided I make sure it's stable and something prevents it moving. My driveway is on a slight incline. My habit is to roll the bike out and put the kickstand down in an expansion joint to "lock" the bike in place, fire it up then go back inside the garage put on my gear, close the door and by that time I can drop the choke and ride off.

Today I followed my usual pattern and as I was putting my helmet on I heard this scraping sound. I turned to look and the bike was slowly sliding backwards. Before I could move the front wheel cocked over and the bike fell over on its right side. Still running I ran out and shut it off throwing out a steady stream of foul words that would make a sailor blush. Not wanting to risk a fuel spill or other damage I picked the bike up the proper way with my back to the bike and using mostly leg power. It IS heavy but the bike came up fairly effortlessly and i pushed it back onto the kickstand.

I just knew something got damaged. But the only thing I can find is a couple scratches to the bottom of the engine and saddle bag crash bars. Those things do their job. It didn't even move the mirror out of adjustment ..... Nothing but the small scratches to the bottom of the crash bars and you have to practically get under the bike to see them. The scratches can be buffed out with ease should I decide to one day take the time. Maybe I got lucky or maybe everything worked to protect the bike as designed. Anyway no harm no foul but my starting procedure or rather habit is now changed.

Can't tell you how many times I have done this type of start or idle without any problem But as they say when you do something like this it's not really a matter of IF it is a matter of WHEN. This bike has 99,075 miles on it and the first time it's ever been down. It still runs as well as any GL1100 on the planet and I would venture to say better than the majority. I hate that I put a blemish on its dignity. LOL Now I wish I'd taken a photo but couldn't help but correct my embarrassment before I thought about it.

:clapping: It's alive, It's alive.
young_frankenstein1.jpg
Atila is up and running, turned over bout four times and busted off. No knocks, pings or major noises, carbs are out of whack and a little popping back thru them but she sure sounded good to me for all she's been thru, wrecked, upside down, set out in weather for four months. Now I got something to work with. I got a video if I can figure out how to post it. :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :builder:

i figured out that a relay on the 100s with points dosent realy hook up right and do as it is intended to do without rewiring the the ignition ...even dynas wired in dont realy get good feed ... this was good to learn ...i will be able to realy use this info on the 1200 mongrel setup im fixing to start on again

The Doc says that I can finally attempt to balance my bike (post knee surgery) with someone else standing by. If I can do it without instability or pain......I can ride again!!!!! :cool: :clapping: :music2: :music: :good: :music3: :salute: :party:

Saturday will be the day!!!