What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96642#p96642:tamnat1j said:
dan filipi » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:50 pm[/url]":tamnat1j]
Got her running on the single!

[video]https://youtu.be/iWCWANU_-w0[/video]

Wow..with that carb and the C5 it sounds like a new breed of 1100 Wing. :salute:

~O~

Started off with replacing a non functioning temp sender unit, pulled the left fan out a couple days ago just for that. Replaced what looked to be the original timing belts, wasn't hard at all, most stubborn item was moving the pre heater hose out of the way.
Filled up cooling sytem with a 70/30 mix so i have -50 protection for Alaska. Removed the new three way speakers from dash since its still open awaiting all the LED lamps and packed the area behind speakers with memory foam I had lying around.
Installed new chrome left and right side panels with new grommets, will come up with a locking mechanism or an anti tamper security fastener so the WingNut Thiefs won't be reselling my battery panel on ebay.
Installed some new chrome panels over the radio and new chrome knobs.
Also was the installation of a new Chrome brand agm battery.
Trying to decide on new chrome mirrors, bought a par of sequential arrow lights for mirrors, actually bought several hundred bucks worth of chrome, lights ans stuff.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97157#p97157:3cuprka5 said:
Silverado6x6 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:09 pm[/url]":3cuprka5]
Started off with replacing a non functioning temp sender unit, pulled the left fan out a couple days ago just for that. Replaced what looked to be the original timing belts, wasn't hard at all, most stubborn item was moving the pre heater hose out of the way.
Filled up cooling sytem with a 70/30 mix so i have -50 protection for Alaska. Removed the new three way speakers from dash since its still open awaiting all the LED lamps and packed the area behind speakers with memory foam I had lying around.
Installed new chrome left and right side panels with new grommets, will come up with a locking mechanism or an anti tamper security fastener so the WingNut Thiefs won't be reselling my battery panel on ebay.
Installed some new chrome panels over the radio and new chrome knobs.
Also was the installation of a new Chrome brand agm battery.
Trying to decide on new chrome mirrors, bought a par of sequential arrow lights for mirrors, actually bought several hundred bucks worth of chrome, lights ans stuff.

We sold an ignition to some nice Harley owners from Wasilla. Visiting your area is on my bucket list!! Your collection of bikes alone makes the trip worth while :hihihi:

Winter is upon us here, only the 95 and 85 wings and the 83 venture are at work in the main shop, the rolling project bikes are in another building awaiting to be transferred to my winter quarters at another property, the star 1300 and the 89 venture are at home tucked away for the winter.
hopefully the rest of the parts will be here for the 95 gl1500 this week and then it goes into my main house for the winter so its more protected.
And there is the upcoming travel plans down south approaching, departure from Alaska my be just after jan 1 for two or months outside. Riding right now is not safe, roads can have black ice and snow is in the forecast, high temps are lower 50f lately.

I finally got out and rode the '82 around Altadena and Pasadena this morning. It was a perfect day to ride! I want to ride the '83, but it's not registered yet - over $600!!! Looking for another way...

I really wanted to ride yesterday, probably was the last decent clear day we will see in Alaska, temps were low 50's but I had to finish a storage shed for two other bikes, did go see about a local guy selling some GL1500 plastic on Craigslist, turned out to be almost the entire body from a 98 SE and some extras, a lot of parts had road rash from a wreck but still I wound up with stuff like the SE corner lights, bezels, rear passenger arm rests, radio and fader control hump, cb antenna, rear air shock, complete trunks and luggage though a lot was cracked from a bike wreck but still it was a small fortune of SE material, badges, the headlight housing, seat cover, dash parts, speedos, rear illuminated Goldwing panels etc. Paid $120 for the whole lot.

Doing nothing today but this weekend I will be moving hot tub out of its spot and widening the door to that room so as to bring the 95 Aspencade in so it will be in the house this Alaska winter, its a 12x18 heated floor room with pool carpeting, I can do without they hot tub, kids just bring all the neighbors over when I am gone and trash it anyway.
With all the body parts from a wrecked 98 SE at hand the Aspy will get converted to an SE.
Then next year I am making a goal of building a 24x40 shop or larger so as to have a heated secure work shop for the whole herd.

I went for a ride today. I haven't ridden since Sept 14th the day before I lost my best friend of 20 years. Paul got me into bikes way back when I bought my first, the XS750. It was good to get back in the saddle again.

~O~

not today,, but yesterday I put 250 miles on,,, got to the city had nearly 120 miles on and put in 2.6 gal... not bad. didn't do that good on the way home into the wind,.. also ,, found a watering hole so far from anywhere, stopped and had two beers.
bride, lk tbird 002.jpg

Attachments

• bride, lk tbird 003.jpg
    bride, lk tbird 003.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 75
Just a little while ago I bought an aftermarket gear position indicator unit for the gl1500 and currently researching the better TPMS units, especially one that is hands free and will monitor a trailer.

Flipped my empty Hot Springs Soverign hot tub up on its side and up against the wall, cut out a wider entrance to the hot tub room, rode bike through the now wider doorway and now it sits in a heated floor room where i can then replace the left head gasket, finish the rear speaker installation and to install some SE driving lights from the wrecked 98 SE body parts I bought last week, and on through the winter it will be gradual tear down of all the running gear, new wheel bearings, maybe new tires, polish the front rim, detail the body some more, add a luggage rack and spoiler. bike won't come out until may is my guess thats how long I will have snow around the house.