What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=145806#p145806:3qwotk3h said:
brianinpa » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:49 am[/url]":3qwotk3h]
Spend the morning working :head bang: , the afternoon soldering the stator leads and timing the C5, and then Gerry showed up and no work got accomplished. Some times good company is better than getting a lot of work done.
:good: :good: :salute: :party:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=145816#p145816:2lg0kudg said:
dan filipi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:36 pm[/url]":2lg0kudg]
Actually I did get the brand new Drag Specialties rider boards installed that I scored for $66 shipped thanks to zman's tip :salute:

image.php

Nice looking boards. I am looking for a set like those for the 1200 as they match my floor boards. For my 1100 I am thinking about turning a pair of passenger boards into the same type of thing. Ijust have to work out the attachment points.

Used the mig welding aspect of my welder for the first time in earnest. :yes: Welded grab handle where P O had cut with a saw. :head bang: Am GUESSING was cut so would not break again, was welded on both sides in front of bolt going into the frame. :doh: Reason it broke (My guess) was trunk, & luggage rack were not supported on the sides, as it was designed, only on the top rear. K G made this set up to fit more than one bike, as you can see where the adjustments, were set at a different point at one time, & plates with row of holes on sides were bolted to something for support as designed, at one point. Did not line up with anything on this bike, soooo why make up a bracket, when a cut will let it flex & maybe not break again??? :rant: Found some thin metal strips at local hardware store with several holes along the length & bends with threaded hole to enlarge, then straighten end part of bends, double it, making a functional set of supports till I can think or see something better. :headscratch: Believe parts to hook the stopper to faucet to drain the sink, was function they were made for, but 4 made supports, & $4, got me out of the door. :yahoo:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=145873#p145873:3fm5a95b said:
joedrum » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:24 am[/url]":3fm5a95b]
gee wez i cant post a decent sentence ... im fixing to go on a 1000 mile plus trip on hooch ...leaving today or in the morning.... :BigGrin:
Good luck and safe journey Joe!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=145873#p145873:3gitwnhn said:
joedrum » Today, 9:24 am[/url]":3gitwnhn]
gee wez i cant post a decent sentence ... im fixing to go on a 1000 mile plus trip on hooch ...leaving today or in the morning.... :BigGrin:
Probably was today until I ask you to call a member here :BigGrin:

Wired a relay circuit into the accessory terminal. It provides battery direct power for my fog lights and my new to her gps unit.

Then took her out for a short ride to find the waste management transfer station. Got in about 30 miles before it tried to rain... Good day.

I rebuilt the front forks. Maybe I'll do the rear tomorrow, if I don't have too much homework.

I had a real hard time getting one of the seals off, it took me about an hour of some intense beating. Most workout I've had in the garage in a long time. I had to at least slide them in the triple tree to see what they will look like, but I still have to paint or polish them and fill them with fluid. I am going to lower the front one inch, when it's all back together. The rears look way more basic. I used a 1 1/2 inch PVC pipe and the old seal to drive the new one in. I also got really hung upon one of the bottom bolts, we where battling that one for at least an hour, I'm going to need to order a new one. I don't care what the manual says, I am not using locktite on that bolt when I replace it.

So brakes, gas tank, battery, tires, finishing the bodywork/blinkers, then Aretha will be back on the road!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=145873#p145873:2va9sqto said:
joedrum » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:24 pm[/url]":2va9sqto]

Have a safe ride out there. Rubber Side Down.. :hi:

Worked on the bike today. I has a stumble in the bike unsure what it was pulled the rack off for the second time since I rebuilt them :clapping: and pulled the jets out and checked them for clogs. Found nothing so I went a little further. I guess between work and then working on them through the week I somehow missed the tubes on one side #1,3, :Doh2:. Put them back together and used two of the slow air copper inserts(from an old parts set). I put a tap to it and it fit perfect inside the manifold screw hole. Lined them up even 13 on all 4 took a few minuets (more like a half hour) :Awe: . But I finally got it to idle even and the heat is even on the exhaust manifolds. The coil that I was having trouble with got worse and there is a steady miss fire on 1,2, cylinders, the more it heats up the worse it gets. No matter what the speed of the engine is it's there. And when you poor the gas to it to fast it will stumble or just die out. I was thinking of checking into the excel coils instead of another set of Dynas. The cost of them over the length of them lasting. also saving up for the C5. Today was a good day here on the sandpile \\ :music2:

Attachments

• tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 147
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=145926#p145926:2e2685be said:
Mad Dog Tannen » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:53 am[/url]":2e2685be]
I rebuilt the front forks. Maybe I'll do the rear tomorrow, if I don't have too much homework.

I had a real hard time getting one of the seals off, it took me about an hour of some intense beating. Most workout I've had in the garage in a long time. I had to at least slide them in the triple tree to see what they will look like, but I still have to paint or polish them and fill them with fluid. I am going to lower the front one inch, when it's all back together. The rears look way more basic. I used a 1 1/2 inch PVC pipe and the old seal to drive the new one in. I also got really hung upon one of the bottom bolts, we where battling that one for at least an hour, I'm going to need to order a new one. I don't care what the manual says, I am not using locktite on that bolt when I replace it.

So brakes, gas tank, battery, tires, finishing the bodywork/blinkers, then Aretha will be back on the road!

:moped: :moped: :good: :clapping: :salute:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=145935#p145935:1eyyzfq6 said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:46 am[/url]":1eyyzfq6]
Worked on the bike today. I has a stumble in the bike unsure what it was pulled the rack off for the second time since I rebuilt them :clapping: and pulled the jets out and checked them for clogs. Found nothing so I went a little further. I guess between work and then working on them through the week I somehow missed the tubes on one side #1,3, :Doh2:. Put them back together and used two of the slow air copper inserts(from an old parts set). I put a tap to it and it fit perfect inside the manifold screw hole. Lined them up even 13 on all 4 took a few minuets (more like a half hour) :Awe: . But I finally got it to idle even and the heat is even on the exhaust manifolds. The coil that I was having trouble with got worse and there is a steady miss fire on 1,2, cylinders, the more it heats up the worse it gets. No matter what the speed of the engine is it's there. And when you poor the gas to it to fast it will stumble or just die out. I was thinking of checking into the excel coils instead of another set of Dynas. The cost of them over the length of them lasting. also saving up for the C5. Today was a good day here on the sandpile \\ :music2:
file.php
Maybe check with Paul. You maybe able to use his high energy coil with the Dynas until you save up for the C5 multi fire brains.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=145935#p145935:v4ug03tx said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:46 pm[/url]":v4ug03tx]
file.php

I am not hating, but this is why keep it stock sometimes. Modding always creates gremlins.