What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the back rest on the 1200 and me and mamma went for a ride. That 1200 has more power than I could imagine with the two of us on there: it just keeps on chugging.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153009#p153009:2a9fp8e0 said:
rob.lafady » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:03 am[/url]":2a9fp8e0]
Snapped my clutch cable today, now to order a net one. [emoji25] Off all week and no bike to ride in this gorgeous sunny weather. [emoji35]

Been there and done that before. When mine broke, I ordered two so that I wouldn't have to wait the next time it broke.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152997#p152997:2rr8hdnh said:
slabghost » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:01 pm[/url]":2rr8hdnh]
yep monsoon season here bikes under the carport and taking the truck to work.
Ugh, here too. My driveway already flooded once. :read:

Good morning everyone. I have been working on this 78 again.. Not She is running perfect. I spoke to the guy who built the sleeper Gl1000 on tube. I found out that the jardin pipes I have they do not make them anymore. The Accell coils are def the way to go no more dyna EVER. I will use them on the 77. Just going to take it easy today. I haven't stopped since last year so today I will just take it easy. I hope everyone had a great 4th and a good weekend ahead. :hi:

Attachments

• goldwing.jpg
    goldwing.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 86
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153280#p153280:341aimmn said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:54 am[/url]":341aimmn]
Good morning everyone. I have been working on this 78 again.. Not She is running perfect. I spoke to the guy who built the sleeper Gl1000 on tube. I found out that the jardin pipes I have they do not make them anymore. The Accell coils are def the way to go no more dyna EVER. I will use them on the 77. Just going to take it easy today. I haven't stopped since last year so today I will just take it easy. I hope everyone had a great 4th and a good weekend ahead. :hi:
file.php
she's a beauty!

A bittersweet day...the '83 was picked up by its new owners. They are a very nice couple from Redondo Beach, and both were very excited about their new toy. So, now I have space in the garage for my next project, a '62 Corvair. I still have the '80 frame, and most of what I need to build another one...one of these days.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153294#p153294:1mpyxck7 said:
Steve83 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:25 am[/url]":1mpyxck7]
A bittersweet day...the '83 was picked up by its new owners. They are a very nice couple from Redondo Beach, and both were very excited about their new toy. So, now I have space in the garage for my next project, a '62 Corvair. I still have the '80 frame, and most of what I need to build another one...one of these days.
End of an era Steve! Glad the new owners sound like they will give her a good home with hopefully plenty of riding. :good: Hope to see a Corvair resto thread as suggested by Joe :yes: and maybe even an 80 resurrection in the future :yahoo:

Bought some creature comfort items for the 1200: passenger floorboards for the wife, a Ram Mount cup holder, and a Ram Mount cell phone holder. I think that will get the bike the way I want it... for now.

Well a couple of nights ago I was leaving work, going down a two lane road. I saw something running in the middle of the road. I had seen a Doe earlier, I had slowed down and then realized it was a fawn (that's a baby deer). I pulled up beside it, and you could hear its hooves on the pavement. It was really cool, I just laughed and pulled away. It ran beside me for twenty yards or more. :Egyptian:

We finally had a beautiful sunny day today. I didn't do anything to the wing except ride it. All the major work is done...carbs seem to be as good as they can get...new waterpump and I'm liking the new rubber (Michelin Commander II on both ends). Hopefully all that's left is the minor tinkering that we all probably do.......

Since I mounted and installed the new rear tire yesterday, I decided to FINALLY repair the galled threads on the upper shock mounts so I could re-install the two acorn nuts that hold the shocks, saddlebag mounts, and trunk mount. Haven't have nuts on there since I rebuilt the shocks waaaay back. The threads were screwed up. I took the opportunity to correct that while I was at it this time. Re-threaded the studs(already did the nuts a while back), and got them both back on nice and tight. Yipppeeeee! :yahoo: Only took like...6 years to do it.... :blush:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153364#p153364:1h2b474m said:
AApple » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:40 am[/url]":1h2b474m]
Since I mounted and installed the new rear tire yesterday, I decided to FINALLY repair the galled threads on the upper shock mounts so I could re-install the two acorn nuts that hold the shocks, saddlebag mounts, and trunk mount. Haven't have nuts on there since I rebuilt the shocks waaaay back. The threads were screwed up. I took the opportunity to correct that while I was at it this time. Re-threaded the studs(already did the nuts a while back), and got them both back on nice and tight. Yipppeeeee! :yahoo: Only took like...6 years to do it.... :blush:

you had no nuts for six years? :?

I took the wing on about a hundred miles run yesterday, the new clutch cable works great! When I got home my new air cleaner had arrived so I can now start assembling my new solex unit. [emoji16]

I've been having trouble with my carbs again, this makes about the forth time I have taken them off. They were just poring gas out the overflow, so this time I checked everything twice. And one of the floats is full of gas, so I've ordered another one. Not going to try to fix the float, pain in the butt to take off the carbs.