What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the helmet headsets installed on both helmets today. :clapping: Now Mama won't have to slap me on the head to tell me something....she might just do it for fun.... :smilie_happy:

We took a ride yesterday to the shop, and had we had the intercoms on at the time, she could have told me to stop. It was a little chilly, and she had no face protection, just the helmet. I have nice balaclavas she could have worn..... :blush:

Today was again bath time for Crystal. When I was done the gray insert on the top of my seat seemed dingier than usual, so I decided to clean it. We have this coconut based cleaner we use on our shoes so I decided to give that a try as nothing else ever really made a difference.

WOW, the seat insert is really white, not gray. There was a very even pattena of road grime making the seat look gray. Even where I sit everyday!

Anyway the white looks much nicer with the Cambridge Blue paint on the bike. I'm very happy. :BigGrin:

~O~

:smilie_happy: Just put the coconut stuff on your butt Randy and Crystal will always have a clean seat! :smilie_happy:

Put them away for the winter. Added fuel additive, filled the tanks, ran the carbs dry, and put the batteries on a "minder". I've done this routine since I bought her in'89. I had a friend, who owns a speed shop, clean and sync the carbs when i first got her and I've never had a problem since by following this practice. Still gets 40-42 mpg, and I figure that's a fair gauge of how she's doing. Now to wait for spring. :whistling: Dave

I installed the garmin zumo 660lm on the wing, now I have one on the wing and the mighty ST 1300

Attachments

• 20161114_160230.jpg
    20161114_160230.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 20161114_160156.jpg
    20161114_160156.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 20161114_160040.jpg
    20161114_160040.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 220
Put mine up for sale. It is pretty tough to sell this bike and my wife is pitching a biatch. I've spent over two years getting it right, and it is right now, but I want to buy an 84 Corvette. Fact is I have never driven a Corvette and I'm 64 years old. But I am working on a bucket list deal even if this one is not a classic, and is a project.

Here is one just like it:

1984_chevrolet_corvette_6_lgw_zpso0its8p9.jpg

That one is in better shape, but what I am looking at is very straight, great body, bad paint, strong V8, new tires, crappy interior and who knows what else. Very cheap and selling the wing would close the deal. Heaven help me.

Hope your back is in good shape....the '84s were BRUTAL....really stiff suspensions. :yes:

I took the cover off the "The Turd", fired it up, and let it run for aboot 20 minutes or so. Dint wanna start at all! Took a little crankin, but it did finally fire up. After a few minutes of roughness, it smoothed out and purred like a kitten. Been a couple of weeks since it was last run, so I needed to let it oil up and charge the battery.

Also put new brake pads on the 1500.....what a friggin pita that is! :Awe: The fronts ain't so bad, but the rear? Holy Moly! Gettin the saddlebag off is a lesson in patience....especially when you don't have a service manual. The Service Manual here is for the '94 model. I can tell you, the '96 model is DIFFERENT. Where there is a couple of hidden screws under the chrome trim are covers you pop off to get to the screws....on the '94. On the '96....there is only ONE cover, but TWO screws. The second screw is covered by chrome trim that goes all the way across the rear....in ONE piece. It is plastic, flexible stuff that is held on by two-sided tape, and pushed into grooves in the bodywork. Accessing the one screw had me makin up new nasty werds, I'll tell ya. :sensored:

I wound up pulling the trim loose enough to get to the screw, but it damages the chrome on the trim. :rant: No pics of the 1500....I was too frustrated to bother with pics. Maybe next time...
Doin the rear brake on the 1100 ain't so bad at all.....

I always change rears at tire change time, if not well over half of the pad's are left on my 1500. :good:

Rode Val to get my X-rays and blood tests from Beenleigh. Unfortunately the radiator cap is not sealing properly on my "new" radiator. :head bang:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=183990#p183990:21rke5xi said:
Ansimp » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:22 pm[/url]":21rke5xi]
Rode Val to get my X-rays and blood tests from Beenleigh. Unfortunately the radiator cap is not sealing properly on my "new" radiator. :head bang:
Do you have one of the small exhaust pipe expansion tools? If so maybe you can round it correctly and persuade the sealing surface to lay flat with a very small hammer?

Latest posts