What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Record setting day today, 76.1 degrees if you are in the Cayman islands, Belize or USA - to the rest of the world it was 24.5 Celcius.

My buddy and I took the scooters out (V65 Sabre's) and went zipping around the neighourhood untill I relaised I was 45 minutes away from home, open face helmet and dark sunglasses. It was a very slow and dark ride home... (last time that happens)
But all in all was a great October 25th in Southern Ontario Canada. :rocks: global warming? BRING IT ON!! :party: :party:

Like Mike said, it was a perfect day weather wise.. got out for a short ride, and supper out.. it was even nice later on teh way home. This weather could stay ttill Christmas time.

LorneG":21i8n7hk said:
Like Mike said, it was a perfect day weather wise.. got out for a short ride, and supper out.. it was even nice later on teh way home. This weather could stay ttill Christmas time.
:good: :good: :good: (but here comes the rain again)

wife called and said she forgot her medication prior to going to work. Chilly day, about 45 degrees....hopped on the 82 and took her meds to her work and then back home; around a 55 mile round trip. Perfect excuse to ride.

Well, it wasn't today, but Tuesday, I installed the new slipstreamer vented windshield that my in-laws bought me for my birthday. Other than that I haven't done a whole lot of anything too it for a long time. I'm still needing to replace the rear seal on the engine case due to an oil leak and have had a bad case of lackofwanttoitis. That has got to change though, because I've got another little on the way and have to get everything in order for him.

Rode to Bryan yesterday, 70 mph and no problems, I did get a lot of looks I guess they don't see a 32 year old bike much, a 190 mile trip. I did have stop a couple of times to stretch. Texas weather 85

Not a darn thing today, went to an open house for our local Arctic Cat dealership to display a couple of the vintage sleds we have for them. It's time for the winter toys to come out :good: :good: :good:

Installed the cigarette lighter plug the way it should be in a hole that was already in the right lower fairing just in front of my knee. Also removed the cobra cb radio to clean up the dash a little. In the future I may look for an oem radio setup that has the cb integrated.

my 1500 has been sitting out under its cover since before sandy sent all the rain our way so i went out today and attempted to start it. it was rough going and it didn't want to start, i wasn't even getting a cough out of my wing but the odyssey held up and with wing finally fired up on most cylinders and after a few minutes all six cylinders were firing and running like nothing ever happened. good thing because my van was at the shop for a tune-up and o2 censor replacement

plskthompson1":1adyru4l said:
Installed the cigarette lighter plug the way it should be in a hole that was already in the right lower fairing just in front of my knee. Also removed the cobra cb radio to clean up the dash a little. In the future I may look for an oem radio setup that has the cb integrated.

Do people still use CB's? Is there anyone there that does not ride 35 yr old bikes?

1060dsl":xryurtbz said:
plskthompson1":xryurtbz said:

Do people still use CB's? Is there anyone there that does not ride 35 yr old bikes?

I still use one. I also have one in my pickup, for two reasons. One is.that I.am tow rig for our local CMA chapter and that gives me a way of communicating with the riders on our trips. Another is that I occasionally go into areas that don't have very good cell reception if any and that is my only line of communication if something were to occur.

sometimes i ride with the local gwrra chapter and they use cb's. i have a couple friends in northern mi. and we use sideband to communicate when we drive up ch3 on the am side if we ride up, wish the wing had sideband

I know a few bikes use them what I meant is does anyone else (not on a Goldwing) use them

I use the Sena Intercom its more private (only 4 bikes can be paired) and is in my headset not blasting out loud plus it interfaces with my phone.

Latest posts