What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well lets see, I changed the oil on the 80 and it did not have a spring or a washer the 81 is not running at the moment it had a spring so I robbed it still do not have a washer. Will have to order a spring and two washers. Going to get some more sea foam, for the gas. I still can't believe how good a 32 year old can run. And can someone look at my pics and let me know what kind of fairing I have on the yellow bike, the windshield is not that bad but could be better. I have looked at Vetters but I don't know?

Houndheadjr":gfd3rmcn said:
Well lets see, I changed the oil on the 80 and it did not have a spring or a washer the 81 is not running at the moment it had a spring so I robbed it still do not have a washer. Will have to order a spring and two washers. Going to get some more sea foam, for the gas. I still can't believe how good a 32 year old can run. And can someone look at my pics and let me know what kind of fairing I have on the yellow bike, the windshield is not that bad but could be better. I have looked at Vetters but I don't know?

From the best I can tell, that looks like a Windjammer II, but I'm not 100% sure on that. If it is, it's definitely Vetter.

Houndheadjr":129o4qtx said:

Vetter never used those turn signals so it isn't a Vetter. That is a Lee's Starr Fairing. I have one that I am working on to put in service in place of my Vetter.

i bought an 84 parts bike a while back - it had a Shoei Fairing looked very similar to that! (difference was hte headlight was behind a lens)

1060dsl":2m388ci3 said:
i bought an 84 parts bike a while back - it had a Shoei Fairing looked very similar to that! (difference was hte headlight was behind a lens)

I forgot about the Shoei's, but the turn signals and reflectors are almost a dead-on match.

Houndheadjr - It would be nice to see more of that fairing and bike.

I so wanted to ride today. :beg: I was voted down. :crying: He said it was too cold. Ummm I thought that is why I bought us gear for the cold. Oh well we will :moped: another day.

1burthabutt":1nfrdpg1 said:
I so wanted to ride today. :beg: I was voted down. :crying: He said it was too cold. Ummm I thought that is why I bought us gear for the cold. Oh well we will :moped: another day.

Poppycock!! :shock: It's been in the mid-lo 40s here(in the mornings)....I been riding every day. Got my balaclava, a new helmet, and of course the prerequisite full leathers top & bottom. I also wear my long sleeve thermal undershirt OVER my work shirt for the ride. I stay quit toasty @ 75-80mph..... :moped:

AApple":agdiqa4y said:
1burthabutt":agdiqa4y said:

Poppycock!! :shock: It's been in the mid-lo 40s here....I been riding every day. Got my balaclava, a new helmet, and of course the prerequisite full leathers top & bottom. I also wear my long sleeve thermal undershirt OVER my work shirt for the ride. I stay quit toasty @ 75-80mph..... :moped:

BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ............ I get cold just reading that. if I need heated gloves or thermal underwear OVER my clothes I take the truck and crank up the heater....
Where is the global warming when we need it,,

I guess he is lucky I dont nag him about things. :Doh2: :Doh2: :Doh2: I just leave the room. I figure I will get even sometime...if ya get what I'm sayin :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I bet we go for a ride next time I want. :roll: :fiddle: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
:hihihi:

1burthabutt":35hjmnit said:
I guess he is lucky I dont nag him about things. :Doh2: :Doh2: :Doh2: I just leave the room. I figure I will get even sometime...if ya get what I'm sayin :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I bet we go for a ride next time I want. :roll: :fiddle: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Especially if he's reading this thread :smilie_happy:

He cant remember his password or something. Hmmmm wonder if he will remember I wanted to go for a ride :shock:

1burthabutt":26dm6rft said:

And they say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach... yeah, right!

Latest posts