What's in a username?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride highway most of the time. The superslab. No one sees bikes in traffic so I ride like a ghost. Hence- slabghost.

Wow...youse guys are just too imaginative for me... :smilie_happy:

AApple is a shortened version of my normal moniker of Adams' Apple. This started with a '58 MGA drag car I used to have, that I named "Adams' Apple", because it was red, and, well...my last name is Adams....and it's a kewl play on words. Every red race car I've had since then had the same name. I also call my '74 Vette that, when I'm not callin it other :sensored: names.... :mrgreen:
Thass me story, an I be stickin wid it.... :Egyptian:

Many years ago I was into hang gliding. None of the pilots called their hang gliders hang gliders, they called them wings. so I was on a wing with wind in my face, much as I am today. I very much enjoy wind and wing.

Ok. I was given my handle by my long time dirt bike ridding buddy. He bought a 26 ft cruser and put it on the river out of Napa Ca. in 89. Then he talked mr into getting another 28 footer similar to his. Now he bought his boat from another friends brother, who was a tinker, had the wiring all messed up and the boat would sometimes just quit an inapropriate times. The first time I took mine out with him was one of those times. Had to tow him to ashore so he would work on the problem. Now his boat was names "The Last Toy II", beacuse he tole his wife that the M/C he bought eirler was the last toy he would ever need :smilie_happy: so the name. Now because he was having so much trouble, he would only go out when I would go with him. So I became his tender, hence The Toy Tender. Thata my story and I am sticking to it :party:

Simple, :whistling:

GEDC0475.jpg

Thats my story & I'm stickin to it! :doh:

Sledge , was my Stage name in a top 40/southern rock band for years .... a lot of people around here knew me only as Sledge , and never knew my real name at all.

I purchased a 1967 Plymouth Sport Fury from the original owner in 1986 :cool: It was in great shape...other than having a big dent in the rear bumper :laptop: A body shop wanted $800.00 to straighten it and re -chrome it ..... :rant: and that was in 1986 !!! I found a '67 Fury , 4 door grocery getter for $500 :Egyptian: Of course it had a perfect bumper :music: I could switch them out and have a perfect two door fastback :yahoo: That is what I did . The coolest part , is that I drove the 4 door for 7 years and put 45,000 miles on her . I still have the Sport Fury , and drive her to various car shows :music: That is origin of : Furyfan2