What's in a username?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MSGT-R":3skwiix3 said:
Master Sergeant-R
I'm a retired Marine.

Thank you!

"c'mon START" is what I used to yell at one of my first motorcycles. I learned so much from that bike!

bk2valve....Brian Kemsley and for many years I rode a 2 valve BMW or "airhead". I came up with that handle when I first started hanging out on the net and have used it for many different forums, etc.
I sometimes go as rathackman too and that's pretty obvious....

I worked on a farm when I was a kid - always loved tractors
so when I moved to the country I bought one

its a ten speed 60 horsepower diesel = 1060dsl

"SMLE" = "Short Magazine Lee Enfield". My favourite old military rifle. I started using SMLE on gun related fora and just kept on using it on bike sites.

drbuzzard was a name given to me as a cb handle by one of my customers at my dads gas station when i was about 12yrs old. when i was around 20yrs old i met another drbuzzard but he was from chicago so i became detdrbuzzard and he became chitown drbuzzard. the name drbuzzard came from the disco band dr buzzards original savanna blues band

Hi Joe
I have had the wing apart for over a year. The whole rear end is apart. I have the gas tank in a container, the donor rod is in place so I can do electrolysis for the rust. I have the advance mechanism out cause it was locked up. You know the ailments of a 29 year old bike.
I have been on the forum occasionally but not regularly.
Sorry to hear about your flare-up. I would like to talk to you so if you'll PM me I'll call you.
Ross

Took that as a CB handle 'bout 40 years ago when racing dirt. Later, my flying buddies think it comes from the AIM-9 missile. I let 'em think whatever as our call signs were Dark Horse and Long Horn back in the good old days. Anybody here knows those ...... I know where ya been and what you did. :hihihi: :Doh2:

I've not had much time to spend on this forum yet but I'll be glad to explain my handle. It's simple really. I look like a cave man and I ride dinosaurs. One of the motley crew I used to run with had a moment of inspiration and decided that the giant prehistoric crap I rode around on was dinosaurs and I look like a cave man so I got tagged Alley Oop.

Pretty simple here, name is Jerry I live in Michigan and started counting birthdays from the year 1957.
But I'll bet everyone already guessed that.
Jerry