Why not to sell on E-BAY

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvjoiner

Reaction score
To all rider's who sell on e-bay don't they will HOLD YOUR money for up to 21 days if you don't sell more then 50 idem 's per mouth so if you sell 1 idem Do not use them Call them and tell them you are not happy at 1-866-540-3229

That is their buyer protection kicking in. If you can afford the wait I suppose it's okay. I buy a lot from ebay and appreciate most of the sellers there. I have had only once taken a seller to task and was very happy with ebay policy.

Yes the wait is Ebay policy.

What I've learned as a seller is you send the buyer a tracking number for the shipment.
Once the tracking says it's been delivered, you get your money. You can also call Ebay/Paypal and have the funds released once it's been delivered.

It never affected me and I only sold a few things at a time., It has something to do with linking your bank account to your ebay account. if you link them then you can spend it right away.
I remember years ago people saying they had to wait but it was something to do with information they were willing to divulge not how many items they sold.
Has something changed?..Been a year or more since I sold there.

All the above are correct. I sell on eBay all the time, nearly 800 sales, and I hate eBay with a passion.
But you can't go dissing them if you haven't read the rules!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=147315#p147315:jayl3gw0 said:
dvjoiner » April 24th, 2015, 6:49 pm[/url]":jayl3gw0]
To all rider's who sell on e-bay don't they will HOLD YOUR money for up to 21 days if you don't sell more then 50 idem 's per mouth so if you sell 1 idem Do not use them Call them and tell them you are not happy at 1-866-540-3229
Hi, I know what you mean !!!! I sell my Motorbike replicas on ebay... how ever it's actually a minimum sales of 50 Total, AND $200. they both have to be met, it's NOT monthly but still a BIG Pain.. if you plan on selling high $$ items , just sell any little thing (up to 50) that equals $200 or more , then you all set.. I Had OVER $5,000 in sales, but only 6 Total so yeah.. they held my $5,000 untill the product was delivered,and the customer left good feed back , it was actually about 2 1/2 weeks..GRRRR. What I did was Have my wife make ( she can make Vinyl decals, bumper stickers, window decal etc.) any way.. she made up a bunch of gas tank decals <"various saying" and we sold then Dirt cheap just to get our 50 sales..