#%^&%$# Window 8

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianinpa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son fried the mother board on his laptop so we had to get a new one for him. Now I am fumbling around with Windows 8 for the first time and I feel like my Grand-Mother using a cell phone for the first time. Thankfully I have until Friday to figure this thing out before we take it to him at college. :rant:

Put it back in the box!

Take it to him (let him figure it out.) He will probably take to it like a duck to water.

Forget you ever saw Windows 8.

I know. I have to move all of his music: 3,500 files, from my external hard drive to his new laptop. I am really worried about when my Dad needs to get a new PC. My phone is going to going crazy.

dan filipi":2ljmz3sn said:
You have discovered the usual desktop right?

Yeah I stumbled onto it. That makes it more to my liking, but I miss the Window logo in the lower left corner. Tiles seem too much like the apps on my phone.

1060 - it may be social media friendly, but I ain't. Closed my facebook page two years ago and I haven't missed it since then.

brianinpa":2jj4rh2i said:
dan filipi":2jj4rh2i said:
You have discovered the usual desktop right?

Yeah I stumbled onto it. That makes it more to my liking, but I miss the Window logo in the lower left corner. Tiles seem too much like the apps on my phone.

1060 - it may be social media friendly, but I ain't. Closed my facebook page two years ago and I haven't missed it since then.

Ya but this is social media !! I keep my Facebook page just to keep track of what the kids are doing !

:shock: But...but...W8 is s'posed to be sooooo much easier to use!??! Are ya''ll sayin MS LIED?!? Say it ain't so!
computer001.gif

Angry-PC-User.gif

Windows 8 is a BREEZE! (If you like smashing computers with hammers!!) :smilie_happy:

I tried it and if you don't use the touch screen feature your outta luck! It works like a giant touchscreen phone (which I also hate!) Customize??? NOOOOO your stuck with that stupid screen with giant apps on it! (OK, I am done ranting) :rant:

I have one computer with Windows 7 and it is real nice!! (Wish MS kept it that way).

Haven't you guys noticed: There's never been a successful, useful, reliable version of Windows that was an even number? Remember windows 2,4, 2000, millenium....

Windows only works in odd numbers

bcassel":2qqt7vad said:
Haven't you guys noticed: There's never been a successful, useful, reliable version of Windows that was an even number? Remember windows 2,4, 2000, millenium....

Windows only works in odd numbers

I wuz gunna say, it seems like every OTHER version works otay. Vista sucked, 7 is fine, 8 sucks(apparently).
I was happy with 3.5.... :smilie_happy:

I'm still using XP. Our house computer came with 7 on it and I hate it. I can't find anything I'm looking for until I either forget what I was looking for or just give up. Why oh why does every new version have to have a completely different and unfamiliar face lift! Everything in 7 has been renamed and moved to an unfindable location. I want to just give up on maintenance. We got 4 people who use that computer and nobody wants to clean up after themselves. Then when it gets all packed up with junk and trojans they all start hollering like I owe them a new computer or something. Well, I ain't gonna do it. If these kids need a computer for school they can just go out and get their own. Or learn to take care of the one I provided. Cuz when it's gone, that's all there is. Mine is passworded and nobody else uses it. :rant:

bcassel":tpla5u3l said:
Haven't you guys noticed: There's never been a successful, useful, reliable version of Windows that was an even number? Remember windows 2,4, 2000, millenium....Windows only works in odd numbers
Cannot agree completely there. I loved 2000! It was stable, reliable and worked as a workhorse all the way up until MS would no longer support it! I ran my computer (I built it from scratch) for nearly 9 years on WIN 2000 and it never lost speed, opened programs quick and surfed real fast UNTIL.......MS changed to IE 6 and it never ran the same again. :crying: I could not keep using IE 5.5 because websites would not support it and many other browsers did not play nice with WIN 2000 (except Netscape). I was happy.........productive....... and nearly maintenance free until they stopped supporting 2000!