Wire harness wrapping

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlslick

Reaction score
I am putting a bike back together that I had to reverse some wire extensions that a P.O. did for ape hangers. I have everything back together, soldered, and heat shrink tubing on each joint. Now I want to wrap the harness. I hate electrical tape. What other products have you guys used to re wrap wire harnesses?
:thanks:

They make that accordion wire wrap in many colors and sizes, and there is a spiral-type wrap that some Asian carmakers use. That's about the only other suggestion I have....unless you wanna get some colored ribbon... :smilie_happy:

Spiral Wrap

Accordion Wrap

There is a non adhesive form of electrical tape that works well if you can find it. Once stretched it bonds to itself. Occasionally I've even used masking tape.

toytender01":3gu8h9fg said:
I don't recommend Scotch tape :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :blush: :sensored:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

When I reworked the wiring harness on my wing, I used "Rescue Tape". It is a non adhesive self-fusing silicone tape that once it is streched will only bond to itself and creates a waterproof seal. I carry a couple of rolls in the kit on the bike just in case. It will patch a radiator hose in an emergency. This makes it ideal for wiring harnesses. Home Depot carries a generic version in black in it's stores usually around the plumbing repair stuff. I recommend it highly.

Steve