Wisconsin horse barn gives up a secret!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C5Performance

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was contacted by a woman who lost her husband to cancer. Before he passed away he stashed his "1967 Goldwing" in a barn up north.
Since I figured it was actually a '76 model, I agreed to visit her and provide information so she could sell it.
My wife and I drove up to Lakewood Wisconsin and picked her up so she could direct us to the barn. A few back roads later we came upon an old horse farm.

Sure enough, sitting in a horse stall, covered in dust and bat droppings sat a faded red Goldwing, with those glorious spoked rims I am so fond of.
Long story short, it was last licensed in 2010 and she didn't really want me to help her find a buyer. She wanted me to buy it so we could "just make it go away" since she was still not over the death of her husband.

We literally dragged it out (front brakes locked) and up into the truck. I paid a bit more than I wanted to because I felt bad that she was giving up hubbies pride and joy. I promised not to tear it apart and sell on eBay. Here are a few pictures after a gallon of degreaser and a few hours of power washing.

What do you think? I'd like to turn into a rolling C5 Ignitions display for motorcycle shows. My '77 engine was toast so just two weeks ago I scrapped it out. This could be a new bike so I can finish my sidecar project.

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Nice find!..And .No Rats nest either :mrgreen: I think you have an easy restore there, seen them much worse, I would keep the original paint color too, These beauties are only going up in value.
Congrats on your new project.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=122764#p122764:1m5ewa7a said:
zman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 am[/url]":1m5ewa7a]
Nice find!..And .No Rats nest either :mrgreen: I think you have an easy restore there, seen them much worse, I would keep the original paint color too, These beauties are only going up in value.
Congrats on your new project.

I think the original color will stay, with our C5 logo replacing the Honda tank logo (missing on one side already).
Since the bike is nicer than most I've purchased before, it will be a fun project.
I'm going to upgrade ignitions and put new tires on it, but otherwise keep close to how you see it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm excited to be the proud new owner.