• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB windshield for my 1982 GL1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simbaboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
The windshield on my GL1100 is way too small.
Need advice or a much larger one for sale.
Any Universal will do.
Please see picture below.
Thanks
Simba

Attachments

• P1200968_800x600.jpg
    P1200968_800x600.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 119
thats the why bother sheild you have :smilie_happy: ...there some nice sheilds out there that actualy cover your hands and body just as good or better than the fairing sheilds :mrgreen:

joedrum":218c7ggx said:
thats the why bother sheild you have :smilie_happy: ...there some nice sheilds out there that actualy cover your hands and body just as good or better than the fairing sheilds :mrgreen:

Agreed--this one came with the bike.
Simba

dan filipi":typonepa said:
Wow Gerry, that's a HUGE shield.
I've seen that pic before just never noticed how big it actually is.

That large, wouldn't it bend and flap in the wind at speed?

Never mind bending ...... its the ducking under bridges that would get me ... :yahoo:

1060dsl":d97whovn said:
I have one like Gerrys - looks like he might have his mounted higher (comes with all the mounting brakets) its listed for $60 you can have it for 25 plus shipping https://stcatharines.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve ... Z384536240

I see Sirius has a batwing that might look good on your bike

https://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-detail. ... ct_id=7192

this place has tons of stuff but i can never find what I need on their wesite (maybe I should let them know that)

Hello Friend
It looks great. I want it for $25 plus shipping.
I will sen you an email. I have bought a few items from you and can vouch for your stuff and service.
Thanks
Simba

dan filipi":1v718dvf said:
Wow Gerry, that's a HUGE shield.
I've seen that pic before just never noticed how big it actually is.

That large, wouldn't it bend and flap in the wind at speed?
Nope. That was one tough windshield! I also never had any wind buffet issues. That bike was only a single cylinder 400, but it made highway speed real easy. I would cruise along at 65 MPH for hours year round except during snow. (It was my only transportation back then.)