ready to go on trip

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
traveling light this trip .....have full cover gear to wear and also a good neck wrap scarf for the night time and general safety wear and just a couple tools ....

image.php

really like the luggage and backrest deal...easy to strap stuff down ...i could carry 5 times the stuff here at least ..with this set up

image.php

its alway best to use straps hooked to each other than seperate on bike ....is the way ido it ...all four ends connected together ....gives great equal tension

image.php

not sure what this pic shows about trip ...hmmm maybe a good shot of the mirror placement ...sure is nice to have mirror light reflection down low at night ....

this trip is right at a 1000 miles so its iron butt worthy titled trip .... :headscratch: and away we go soon :mrgreen:

Nice no nonsense rig,I like it! keep her shiny side up Bro :BigGrin:

Joedrum it may not be your style but look up "tms t-box" on amazon its a good cheap box i have had mine 3+ yrs now and paid like $81 for it shipped to my door . You will have to fab your mounts but thats childs play and i suggest after its installed to fiberglass the interior for sturdiness but as long as your conscience of the fact it is abs plastic its really amazing what you can fit in/on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hey Joe are all those reflectors so that you can easily find where you have left your luggage? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Have a great safe trip!
:good: :moped:

It comes with the backrest and rack on top like i said its cheap and needs some mods to make it worth installing but its a great starting point for sure

i actually had one of those trunks on one of my other bikes made for trips ...hooch really was never made for trips but it all i have now so i just get by ...plan is to have a 1200 dresser someday modded by me ...my other dresser was the angry dresser ..if would really scoot too ...it had a modded up 1100 motor in it and would beat most wings if not the wings that came around ....the 110 motor runs rather good with hotter early cams and carbs ...angry had on it nice bike im hated loosing it to the she devil along with everything else i had ...mucho tools about 5 other oldwings and 40x60 shop i built ...got to love this woman's country of slaughter the men gov......thanks guys ... :mrgreen:

No point in dropping a ton on one you will barely use but that thing is priceless on a long trip or it was until i bought a gl1200 lol

Deddy always told me "keep your truck between the ditches and your pecker in your britches and you will be ok"

Just have fun Joe. Don't know why anyone would suggest another set of luggage, yours is practically Hondaline. :)

Take some pics

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=180217#p180217:39rmnfku said:
wedoo2 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:37 am[/url]":39rmnfku]
Just have fun Joe. Don't know why anyone would suggest another set of luggage, yours is practically Hondaline. :)

Take some pics
:smilie_happy: :good:

Latest posts