ready to go on trip

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=180301#p180301:281zvyuh said:
slabghost » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:58 am[/url]":281zvyuh]
He arrived safely. Probably sound asleep now.
:good:

Most i have ever rode was 1300 in 2 days so you got my respect esp without a fairing to block the wind pressure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

wow trip is over ...yes i did ironbutt 1800miles ....wont get into why ....but in then end it turn into a challenge of will ro get there on time .....

couldnt have done without a bike that ran so smppth down the road like an oldwing can ...and hooch seems to bring even moreo of that to rhe table .....the motor running cooler diring day riding brings in a dose of more comfort .....bike ran good the whole way and never missed a lick .....rode with some harley guys for awhile ....that was fun ....

had tack oil leak going on it seemed at constant 4000 rpm running ...that about 80mph on hooch or slightly less in real speedos are off a bit....other than minor oils leaking ....motor was flawless...

the bike itself was tacking perfectly down the roads and gave me no problems ...about the only issue was big trucks ...and bike movement from there air wake they have ...bike has great power at interstate speed ..so i pass the trucks quickly as i could get away with .....got up to 90mph a few times

soon ill go over the bike

WOW Joe I thought the trip we made back from Fl. in the rain was impressive. But not like this one. WOW glad your safe and sound. Jerry

Look who i found up here in New England ! Good to hang and ride with ya Joedrum ..And that Houch Is Fast !! all i could due to stay in front of ya ..Your bike really does haul A$$ Some country roads we road today Gearheadgreg

yes it was great time .....greg was like meeting me .....we have walked same paths in life.....man his bike is sharp looking ..that supercharger and motor fills up that valk...nitrous bottle in hard bag ....as i was getting the best view of the roll on power bursts we did ....seem like i was good with him in low rpm ....but in the last of a gear he was strong ..hooch was strong too ....but his bike could out pull hooch there...not a lot ....but for sure could....we did several roll ons ...to a bit pass a 100mph.....Ct. quite curvy and 100mph roll ons dont last long with these bikes ......slowing down for curve i got a bit fishy rail once ....as i was on a tire snake under braking

all in all it was super fun for me :yahoo:

Sooooo....if I am hearing correctly......old Hooch made a real go of it up against a 6 cylinder blown Valk with nitrous? :shock: :clapping:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181085#p181085:394qf8qb said:
mcgovern61 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:51 pm[/url]":394qf8qb]
Sooooo....if I am hearing correctly......old Hooch made a real go of it up against a 6 cylinder blown Valk with nitrous? :shock: :clapping:

there was no nitrous use today by the valk ...im sure if he use that id be toast....the super was enough...such a nice bike fstsix has

:ahem:

Joedrum Great Day Great Weather ! Glad you made back to CT ok..not having a GPS...i can't find my way around without one LOL ...Nitrous Oxide bottle empty ..All season so far a RIPTA Buss Smashed through the Hot Rod Shop i get my Refills from this last winter , $ 12 bucks to fill ..But they never opened back up..Need to find out if Industrial Nitrous from the local welding shop is the same ingredient.. Yes I would have pulled the trigger several times today for sure hahahaha :BigGrin: . 2 bottles last summer of Fun , Like getting rear ended by a Truck when Nitrous is hit .. :shock:

I would have loved to have joined you, but I wouldn't have lasted too long with my stock '81 Interstate. (But it would've been fun too watch you both pull away!) :shock:

Latest posts