2015 ride to Alaska-Anyone seriously interested

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has come around so quickly and I always imagined that some how I was going to be able to make it ( magic, Nigerian inheritance or total disregard for reality) when the time came. Unfortunately I will be living vicariously through your adventure Wes :good: :moped: :yahoo:

Hi
I didnt sift all the mail, but anyone planning the ride is welcome to contact me before or during if you need a place to camp or work on things in the anchorage or kenai peninsula areas.

regards

andy thickstun
ossagp2aol.com

ossagp Welcome to the forum.

Thank You for the offer. We probably will take you up on your offer. We are leaving Glacier National Park July 12. We really have no idea how long it will take us to get to Anchorage.

PM me if you want some more contact information. I never have ridden up from the lower 48, even though I have lived up here for 40 years. My friends say to take at least a week and enjoy the trip, getting here. Fairbanks is worth the trip and so is Valdez (Up here that word is pronounced "valdeeeez") and you can get one going or coming.

good luck on the trip.

Andy
[email protected]

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150070#p150070:380wtcmj said:
brianinpa » Yesterday, 5:12 pm[/url]":380wtcmj]
Welcome to Classics ossagp! Mighty neighborlyof you.

Well you helped me already, I was looking for C5 contacts, (I had been looking under cr5 due to a bad scouting report I had).

Andy

14 days and counting.
The bike is in all kinds of parts right now.
1 rebuilt shock attached.
1 new rear tire sitting in the fender ready for the axle
1 new horn in the box to install
Still trying to figure out how to get my spot tracks onto the site. Trying to use spotwalla to join the info to CGW. Any one have a clue on how to do it?

At this point three are going-at least that say they are.
2 for certain.

It is not too late for you to change your mind about going with us. DAN-you can still go too.

Route that I think will work:

Any one who wants to ride part or all of this is welcome.
I am leaving Marengo Oh July 5th. for Denali National Park Alaska
ST.RT.229 west
ST RJT.23 north
SR15 north
I-75 north
I-80 west south of Chicago
I-395 north
I-290
I-90 west
I-39 north Madison
I-94 north/west billings Montana
SR-3 north to Great Falls

US-89 to Glacier National Park
1,926 miles to GNP. 500 miles a day

Camping at Fish Creek Campground on July 9 thru July 11th. campsite #C-141
This is the only scheduled stop.

Cross into Canada
SR 2 north Thru Cardston to Edmonton
97 north to Watson Lake
1 north to Tok
2 north to Fairbanks

4,465 total Miles From Ohio to Alaska. One way

Here is what I think we can ride to GNP
Leaving Marengo early July 5.

Marengo Oh to Madison wisc 464 miles 7/5

Madison to Fargo ND 502 miles 7/6

Fargo to Glendive Mt 389 miles 7/7

Glendive to Billings Mt 220 miles 7/8

Billings to GNP 367 miles 7/9 --7/11 and leave 7/12

If any one lives close to these areas Please chime in on a good place to camp. Can be a little less or more miles than what is planned. I do like state park camping.

I am still trying to get the spot to post on here so you will now where we are. Come ride a little with us or go all the way.

Latest posts