Another 34 Pic 3 Build!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
External condensation is to be expected and normal. Fuel charge is fast moving air which does cool the surface. With the high humidity we've had I'd be really surprise if there wasn't condensation. It in no way indicates any internal condensation.

Well, got some good progress on the bike lately. Finally going to get some road time as I have everything buttoned up and road worthy for now. I still have several things I want to change but wanted to update those who have helped me get this far.

All lighting is LED. Headlights consist of two 36W cree lights, each having 8 flood and 4 spot bulbs. They should light up the night. I have issues with deer on country roads at 2 a.m. sometimes on the ride home from work.

Tail and turn signals are 3/4" LED marker lights marketed for heavy trucks. I have them on the truck I drive and have used them on other bikes. Cheap, easy to come by, very bright, long lasting and a snap to replace. I got the clear lens type that light up red for rear turn and brake and orange for up front. The two center brake lights double as tail lights by wiring in a resistor and diode to the tail light feed.

I eliminated the ignition key switch. It was giving me a fit even after completely cleaning it and I was going to relocate it anyway. I came up with a solution that got rid of a faulty switch. I installed a primary power switch under the locked tank door, then a second on/off switch on top of the tank. The only features I gave up were Park, Acc and Lock, which I never use those anyway.

I also deleted the tach and most of the center gauge console. I mounted the speedo on center and used the top portion of the gauge pod for keeping the stock fuel and temp gauges. Then I made a small panel for more LEDs, orange left and right turn indicators, red oil warning, blue high beam and a white LED for neutral.

She hit the road today for a test of everything. Man, it was sweet! The engine runs smooth and strong. I am not making any more adjustments to the carb or anything else tuning related until I get a tank or two through her. As it is right now, I really don't see the need. Time will tell.

This coming Saturday was a goal for me to have it wrapped up as much as possible. My buddy who rides a bobbed '82 Aspy and I are going to enter into a bike show. I don't think I'll win any trophies and I really don't care. I hope to turn a few heads, though. :)

You definitely will turn some heads! Although I'm one who prefers fenders I do like the look. Happy to read that it is running so well.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=180177#p180177:ep8nb8xp said:
slabghost » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:32 pm[/url]":ep8nb8xp]
You definitely will turn some heads! Although I'm one who prefers fenders I do like the look. Happy to read that it is running so well.
+1 Great job. :good: :salute:

The show was pretty good. Had quite a few comments and inquiries about my bike. I didn't bring home any awards but enjoyed meeting a few Old Wing enthusiasts.

Got some pics of my friend's 82 Aspy to share with you all....

He took second place in the rat bike category.

My bike ran very well on the 100 mile round trip. I still have a little carb tweaking to do. When I get some shop time I want to pull the plugs to see what color they are and likely turn the accelerator pump up some more. I still get a hesitation right off idle. I can overcome it by giving tiny blips of throttle when pulling out from a dead stop. Once moving, it is strong, smooooth acceleration through all the gears. Idle is very good as is steady state cruising. I just have that one tiny spot from idle to pulling out that she wants to hesitate.

Even if I never get rid of that little bogging, I am still very pleased with the performance. A real joy to ride!

I cant swear to a mpg because i am not positive of my numbers but i came up with 42mpg on my first fillup. I reserve the right to modify those figures at a later date. :headscratch:

I guess I should have taken more pictures of the other bikes. I did get a couple. A Triumph custom built took first place in the custom category...

...and a Honda Dream that was found in this condition in an old lady's shed...

Here's my spark plugs, cylinder #1 on left, #4 on right.

I notice I'm getting a little oil on #3. I probably need valve seals as I have noticed a puff of blue on cold starts sometimes.

I need some opinions. Do they look a little on the white side?? I was sure they were going to be brown to black. I can't imagine I'm still running lean at smaller throttle openings.

Plugs look pretty good from here. Maybe about 4 oz of atf in the oil will clear the garbage allowing the seal to leak. It makes a great cleaner in oil too.

Latest posts