Dyno tests on GL1200 with SCC?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed! Fun to fly on one, :yes: but everything's got to be up to the mark or better. :whistling: Still things can go bad real fast when one gets into the triple digit's, :roll: you can run out of real estate real fast. :heat: Or worse :roll: Also police might think that you need to be issued an official statement, of your achievement listed! :smilie_happy:

This thread has interested me and left me with some questions. First of all we had a very nice dyno at our shop, (for trucks), it was primarily used for tweaking truck engines. What I found interesting is same engines in identical trucks could run from 25 to 70 HP difference and same on torque. There are so many factors than can effect tweaking and engine for max performance or max fuel economy.

So too my questions for Joe, the suspension mods you have done, and the fact that you don't have a fork brace, do you think that can be a cause of your wobble?
Also with your fairing design, I wonder what effect that could have at speed aerodynamically?

Years ago I had a 90 1500 wing, took it out shortly after I got it, opened her up, hit 105 and there she stayed, plenty of power left. Found out the 1500 is governed. Found out from Mother Honda that is was due to the aerodynamics of the 1500 and they didn't want it to exceed that 105 marker. I wonder what kind of accidents they had when they first tested the 1500?