Help ! reinstalled new stator question?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks mike i saw that but you still need a way to get the allen key to hold the center nut and turn the outside nut loose with the notched socket from what ive seen thats how its done guess i could always put it back together and go back to removing engine is the other way but then i cant test to see if timing is done rite

thanks for the input dan i tryed to hammer it loose with a big screw driver or turn it with no luck on there pretty tight the other side was tight also but my impact wrench broke it loose well guess i will figure out something

well thank all who helped after removing engine again and back cover i finaly seen the pin on the shaft i lined everything up like you all said but when i tryed to tighten down rotor the shaft spins even with the cover off the complete shaft is spinning so something in the engine is not rite so i removed engine off my other wing and replaced that stator on to that engine yup removed pg this time i marked rotor position and when i put it back together everthing went back smoothly i reinstalled engine and fired her up runs good now i thin i put the cluck center piece on wrong because cable does not seem to want to adjust rite i think i can remove that cover without removing engine just back tire im hoping lol if that ends up being the problem weve been having lots of rainny days here in oklahoma i may need to trade bike for a ark here soon :salute: