new carter/weber carb from Tom @Stovebolt

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i can't do pic's, mine are too big and i am not even close to smart enough so make them small enough to fit. In a few weeks,the grand kid's will visit and they can do it for me., i did get 2 of them to load!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108541#p108541:2d4own2h said:
sgq700 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:54 am[/url]":2d4own2h]
Well, i can't do pic's, mine are too big and i am not even close to smart enough so make them small enough to fit. In a few weeks,the grand kid's will visit and they can do it for me., i did get 2 of them to load!
There is a program called ifan viewer that has a way to resize pictures to any size, you can find it through google and it is a free program. It is also easy to use.

I've used Irfanview for years. Good program.

If it's resizing them your having trouble with you can email them to me and I'll resize them and upload to your gallery.
[email protected]

Picasa also has a function to resize images mainly for emailing, my 77 year old Dad loves it..

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108468#p108468:361734zv said:
sgq700 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:33 pm[/url]":361734zv]
Howdy All ! First i want to say Thank You All for the info and all the folk's on this site. I just put one of Tom's carter/weber carb's and 2 to1bbl adapter on my old beater 80gl1100 and all i can say is Holy Crap!! What a rocket!! With 108,000 miles,i am sure im going to kick some parts out soon but who cares!! i didn't have to touch this carb. put it on(choke and all) warmed it up till the fast idle kicked off, set the idle at 900rpm , put mama on the back and smiled like it was 1968 again :cool: Thank You Again!
In my opinion as a old hot rodder,this is the only way to for these old beaters(that i have come to love) How often does one get a product to work like this right out of the box!
I read the thread's from Dan&Joe tuning these things and they are Awsome with the info they pass to us... I won't be changing my jetting, this thing is perfect for arizona as is. Just sharing my humble opinion.... i cannot say it enough.....Thank You Again!.... Bill :thanks:

Hmmmm....
I may want to copy yours.

Is this the carb you bought?

SKU 08-8011
https://www.langdonsstovebolt.com/store/online-catalog/#!/~/product/category=361512&id=1222026

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108486#p108486:23unp6qh said:
sgq700 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:14 pm[/url]":23unp6qh]
What manifold are you using?

i built my own manif from a piece of 2X3 square tubing and exh. pipe for runners and carb neck. and cut the flange for a 34pict from some flat stock. and bent the floor of the 2X3 into a inverted V to give it a sort of divided plem.

What is the exh (exhaust?) pipe I.D.?
How deep the inverted V should be?

Yes that is the carb from Tom that i bought, also bought his 1bbl to 2bbl adapter. the exh. pipe i used was 1.5 inch and the inverted V in the floor of the intake is about 3/4 of a inch. before i cut any holes in the 2X3, i stuck it in a press and used a 3/4 inch drive breaker bar across the 2X3 and raised the center of the floor. This might have been a waste of time but i like a divided floor intake as they work better for low/mid range power in a street motor. us old drag racers are weird anyway so take that mod with a grain of salt! However, that carb and adapter are amazing out of the box on a old wing. Buy the air cleaner bottom and "o" ring from Tom also and you can use your stock 1100 element with no mod's. Have Fun, Enjoy! (i added some more pic's in the gallery if they help,just click on my album)

I have found many pics in his alblum
image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108617#p108617:3i6rbx12 said:
sgq700 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:42 am[/url]":3i6rbx12]
Yes that is the carb from Tom that i bought, also bought his 1bbl to 2bbl adapter. the exh. pipe i used was 1.5 inch and the inverted V in the floor of the intake is about 3/4 of a inch. before i cut any holes in the 2X3, i stuck it in a press and used a 3/4 inch drive breaker bar across the 2X3 and raised the center of the floor. This might have been a waste of time but i like a divided floor intake as they work better for low/mid range power in a street motor. us old drag racers are weird anyway so take that mod with a grain of salt! However, that carb and adapter are amazing out of the box on a old wing. Buy the air cleaner bottom and "o" ring from Tom also and you can use your stock 1100 element with no mod's. Have Fun, Enjoy! (i added some more pic's in the gallery if they help,just click on my album)

Thanks!
I really want that low/mid range power but I don't have a press so I need to think of something for my plenum.

Is this the air cleaner bottom?
https://www.langdonsstovebolt.com/store/online-catalog/#!/~/product/category=361512&id=19534514

Could you show me where I can find the "o" ring for it?

Lay your 2X3 square box tubing on the ground,(i used a piece 7.5" long,thin wall) put a jack handle on it, hit it with a big hammer a couple of times and start cutting your holes...
No that isn't the aircleaner for the carter/weber! , if you call Tom, he will fix you up with a air cleaner base and "o" ring for the 90 dollar carb. you can see the adapter plate and O ring in the pic's that Joe put on here above this post

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108625#p108625:7hk5mvho said:
sgq700 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:24 am[/url]":7hk5mvho]
Lay your 2X3 square box tubing on the ground,(i used a piece 7.5" long,thin wall) put a jack handle on it, hit it with a big hammer a couple of times and start cutting your holes...
No that isn't the aircleaner for the carter/weber! , if you call Tom, he will fix you up with a air cleaner base and "o" ring for the 90 dollar carb. you can see the adapter plate and O ring in the pic's that Joe put on here above this post

Thanks again!
Will do that.

Just fyi on the air filter.......

When I talked to Tom he told me the carb he sells was used on a specific motor with a very specific (large) air filter housing and nobody ever made any aftermarket filter housings for it.

What Tom sent me was an aluminum base plate (he makes special) to fit the 32/32 carb top and accept a 32/36 aftermarket filter and cover.
There is some fitting needed.
With his "kit", he includes an Oring.

Howdy Dan! I got the base plate and O ring from Tom and you can see in the pic's above(just as i got them from Tom) how well the stock 1100 element works on it! I also sent Tom pic's of how and what i used for this conversion. Our stock air cleaner element is far more than we need for the volume of air that our old wings can use, i would venture to say more than the wiz bang that the carb was designed for could use also! Just my humble opinion :salute: My old beater will never be turned up(power wise) any more than it is now!
By the way, Again Sir, I salute you for this site and all that you folks do.. If not for this, i may never have drug this old beater out of the junk pile....

Latest posts