New Tars and Dyna Beads

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:crying: Please Lawd...could SOMEBODY 'splain to me WHY the Goldwing Gods are so angry wit me? I REALLY wanna know....maybe then I could change...(if I have to....) :Awe: :head bang:

I was checking out the NEW rear tire today at work...just messing around, looking to see how it was wearing. And then...I see "it"....a G :sensored: :sensored: D CRACK in the f :sensored: g tread!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: Bout an inch long, all the way down in the tread...not on the surface of the tire. NOT a puncture, or road hazard damage....a friggin weather crack. What the h-e-double-l is going on? I have decided I am NOT EVER going to buy another freekin tire from Dennis Kirk. Apparently, they are getting defects/seconds, or something. Every dam tire I have bought from them has failed within a couple of months. This is the THIRD rear tire from DK I've put on in less than a year.
image.php

I haven't contacted DK yet to see what they are gunna do, but I 'spect they'll do what they have in the past..."Sorry...tough dooty"....
I dint get any pics this evenin...I had to rebuild the carb on my danged chainsaw. I'll get pics tomorrow, and contact DK. I'm pizzed.... :sensored: :rant:

I'm about to order a rear tire from them.
I'm going to stick with my usual local shop after this.
I pay a bit more but they've never done me wrong and I support a local business.

AApple":1gowmn2s said:
:crying: Please Lawd...could SOMEBODY 'splain to me WHY the Goldwing Gods are so angry wit me? I REALLY wanna know....maybe then I could change...(if I have to....) :Awe: :head bang:
Yep.......take that gremlin bell off.......your attracting them! :smilie_happy: (Sorry :oops: )

My first set of Bridgestones were bought from my Honda dealer. Front tire is still on running over 18K miles with lots of meat left. (Might have to change it because the manufacturing date is well over 5 years now.) My rear was replaced once because of a crack at about 11K (?) miles. The replacement rear tire was from DK and so far so good (going on 3 years).

Maybe I got good ones by accident?? Could it be the temps you see down there?

Joe, the Curse ain't on my gee-raj..it's on ME.... :crying:
Perhaps the two bells I have are counter-acting each other? :headscratch: Ya'll haven't seen the widdle one I bought for it...I got it at the bike shop across the hiway here....

Temps around here since I put this tar on haven't been that hot, and it ain't got very cold yet, either. The bike is in the gee-raj when at home, and under a bike cover here at the shop...tires are not out in the sun, per-se.
The first Dunlop I bought from them had a slick spot on it in a couple of months, and they declined warranty because the "tire is worn out"....with only a couple thousand miles...and ONLY worn in the one spot(about 8-10 inches long). The rest of the tread is still brand new looking.

This new tire only has about 1000 miles on it. maybe 1200....
I guess Imma gunna get the last Bridgestone I had on it fixed, and re-install it. It is the one that caught a nail within a couple of weeks of installing it...not a tire failure on that one. I just need to get it patched on the inside, and it should still be good to go.
If DK fails to give me any warranty, or satisfaction on this new tire, then I'm DONE with them....period. I have spent quite a bit of change with them in the last couple of years, but that may change with one phone call/email.
I do know one thing...my next tire purchase will be Michelins.....dam the money, I'm tired of having to replace this rear tire every other month. :rant:

Good news is, I got my friggin chain saw runnin finally! :yahoo:
chainsaw.gif

around here nothing like a good chain saw to ease the temper a bit a calm you down to state of no respomse ...i get there alot lately with all the firewood handleing :heat: :mrgreen:

AApple":c137bx5q said:
:sensored: :rant:

It's not the Goldwing Gods its the Gremlin Bells - They belong on Cows not Bikes!! :music: they are at this minute (probably) trying to put a crack in the udder tire as well :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I love this place..... :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

:hihihi:

wilcoy02":zw4muc8c said:
to collect the dyna beads from the tire

drill a hole in the tire and pour them out into a container.

Best way i have found to reuse them.

Well.....I ain't got ahold of anyone from DK yet, but....I'm purdy dang sure they ain't gunna warranty the thang iffin it's got a hole drilled in it..... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
I ain't the least bit worried aboot the Dynabeads. They don't cost that much, so if I can't recover them, it ain't no big deal. :good:

Here's a couple o pics of the crack. It's aboot an inch long...

AApple":o7cxmtfm said:
wilcoy02":o7cxmtfm said:
to collect the dyna beads from the tire

drill a hole in the tire and pour them out into a container.

Best way i have found to reuse them.

Well.....I ain't got ahold of anyone from DK yet, but....I'm purdy dang sure they ain't gunna warranty the thang iffin it's got a hole drilled in it..... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
I ain't the least bit worried aboot the Dynabeads. They don't cost that much, so if I can't recover them, it ain't no big deal. :good:

Here's a couple o pics of the crack. It's aboot an inch long...

HEY....WAIT A MINUTE........THAT LOOKS LIKE MY TIRE CRACK! :rant:

viewtopic.php?p=15842#p15842

(FYI.....after I replaced the tire, I tried to poke a hole through the crack with a screw driver and hammer and could not get through the cords! Afterward, I wondered if I could have kept the tire on longer?)

Gerry, I remembered your tire from before, and agree it looks eerily similar. You had far more miles on yours than I have on this one, but still...
And yes, this is one of the Spitfires I bought in September of this year.
I just shot off an email to DK customer service...I'll give them til the end of the day to respond, and then I'm gonna be callin. I need to check the date code on it this evening.....

joedrum":3ugogmlj said:
gee i thought they were good by all the talk on them :shock:
My experience otherwise is good! My front Bridgestone tire is nearly 5 years old now and pushing 20K miles and could make another season but I am replacing it because of age this winter. My back tire is still looking fairly new and no cracks so I am not convinced they are bad tires yet. Just erie how my old rear tire crack resembles Joel's tire crack even if my rubber had a lot more miles on it!