Single Carb Conversion: Adapt the stock plenum

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99229#p99229:10t1ljj2 said:
westgl » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:09 pm[/url]":10t1ljj2]
I think converting to a manual choke is very doable.

There is already three screw holes at the choke location where the electric choke was,

Or maybe remove the electric section but leave the back half of the elec. choke, or the Mechanical half of the choke,

at any rate it looks do-able.
pretty sure dude got it done on the other site

that's a really neat start on the on stock plenum single carb set up 82a .....ive got to get my machine tools set up some stuff becomes so easy then ....sheesh got to get building lighted and powered :builder: :mrgreen:

my outcome was ok but i never tried it ...way to much work to do it really ...way to much offset for me in carb placement ....so i just drop it as i had other things going that were above this project ....truth is almost any manifold that seals will work ..problems have always been in the carbs themselves as miss matching the oldwing motor from the get go ...

all this blab about heat and manifold design is just worthless off track blabber ...that side track people from the real problem the carbs that are available for oldwing to use ......