Single Carb. Conversion, VW Plenum & Modding, the OEM Manifolds

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually the chokes I have are just pcv black deep well pipe ... there 1" ID ..there about 2" long...they are taper to the center of pipe to remove bunt edges ... they fit tight in the type4 outlets to the motor ...they stick out the outlets enough for me to clamps the rubber hose runners I have that go from there to the stock intake horns.....

thank you for fast reply. I think I get it now. One question for you, what type of hose are you using on your setup and have you noticed any breakdown of inside of hose like westgl found in his silicone rubber hoses. The only carb I have to try setup with is a 32-36 and it seems as though the large secondary causes some problems for folks but I might still see what happens until I can afford to buy a new carb. Quick and simple is what I need to do for now. Thank you again, dave

I have had mine apart a few time its nice inside nothing rubs off on my fingers in hose ....I see it as nothing to worry about ... the hose I used had 200 lbs. pressure rating and wire reinforce .. came off semi truck .....the hose was stiff .. but the wire was stout and held shape well it seemed havnt had much leak problem

thanks. can't quite decide which way to go. I do like the 1 inch emt pipe or maybe 1+1/8 with a choke at vw end. I have welding stuff at the house and mask with correct filter for welding galvy.
Is the 32 36 weber I have a larger base than the 32 32 that seems to be the correct carb to use. If so i should wait till i get one before mocking up for fitmant and frame clearance and such,no?
So many good choices now. a few years ago when i first thought of single carb you guys hadn't figured all this out and no-one really had anything that would work well. kudos to you all.
dave

yes the 32 -36 fits the type 4 bolt pattern ...ive never tried one had a chance to but I was really tight inside as in fitting the frame .....but if you really try it well run im sure ...if yours is 1000 motor id say the mismatch is at it max in sizing .....with 1000 the 22-22 is the best starting point id say ...at 90$ in today world its a great deal ...there also some rebuilds available for 60$ also that are 22-22

Thanks for advice. It seems that this will wait till post xmas and all before I can get a new 32 32 carb.
Till new year I'll be able to keep riding on stock carb rack which works fine after about 10 miles or 20 min or so.
but something is wrong with front left carb I'm pretty sure.
dave

Latest posts