The "Turd" is down and out(head gaskets & other stuff)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=168696#p168696:a9olg1zh said:
Steve83 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 am[/url]":a9olg1zh]
You'd better get rid of the "Sa-turd-ay Night Fever" tape before you install a mirrored ball on the turd!
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=168696#p168696:b9gopccd said:
Steve83 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:03 pm[/url]":b9gopccd]
You'd better get rid of the "Sa-turd-ay Night Fever" tape before you install a mirrored ball on the turd!

I had one on the antennae...it was too distracting, so I had to take it off.... :blush:
:smilie_happy:

My entertainment in da geeraj consists of a turntable/8-track/dual deck cassette system w/surround sound speakers, including two AR AX15 speakers. Also included is a color TV w/CD/DVD/Vhs. I have a decent collection of 8-track tapes....some I really like, some just because they came with a bunch of others in a package deal. :doh:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=168734#p168734:2y5djzpy said:
Omega Man » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:51 pm[/url]":2y5djzpy]
There's always the Hotpocket microwave mod. :yes: :yes: :yes:

~O~
Oh no! She who lives here has to do SOMETHING! :smilie_happy:

Rear end all together today. Bags & trunk cleaned & waxed, installed, all lighting wired.

While finishing all that, my A.D.D. kicked in, I wanted to find some way to make the lighting brighter on the Fuel/Temp gauges. I disassembled the cluster to see what I could do, and this is all I could come up with.
There is a shield/deflector around the bulb, that shunts the light to the backside of the gauges. I can't see the temp/fuel gauges at night...just too dim.

So..I took the shield thingy out, and bent the three sides out. This allows light from the bulb to shine directly onto the gauge faces.

(These pics are of an extra gauge set I have...I had already done the one on the bike before I decided to take pics)

Now...I'm ready to tackle the fairing repairs.

I dug my plastic welder out, and went to town on this mess. Got one solid layer on today before it was time to call it quits, and take Mama to dinner. The plan is to finish up the repair tomorrow, install the fairing, and....I'M DONE! :yahoo:
Well...maybe. I may need to replace my starter solenoid....it's been acting up the last couple weeks I rode the bike, and I've been having to whack it to get it to work. I'll prolly just install a Ferd solenoid and be done with it.

Either way, I plan on being back in the saddle come Monday menrnin... :moped:

Especially on 84 standards, all the instrument light's are the pitt's. :cheeky: The gauge light's my 87's are a lot better, but totally different set up. :roll:

Well fellers....the journey has come to an end. The Turd is DONE!! :yahoo: :party: :clapping:

Started this mernin finishing the fairing repairs. It ain't purdy, but it should hold up. Most of it is out of sight, anyway.

Once that was done, I taped it off so I could skwert some fresh black paint on the inside of the fairing...it was gettin kinda not-so-black.

After paint

I spent the better part of an hour trying to get the dang rubber ducting for the vents back in....that's when I realized I was trying to put the left side duct on the right side... :doh: :Doh2: Once I got that sorted out in me haid, they went back in super easily.....DOH!

After that, the fairing was bolted back on, and then the real fun starts...figuring out all the wiring. What a friggin pain...

Took a while but I did get it all sorted out, and everything working as it should.

Which led to THIS...Ladies and Germs...

I present to you, THE TURD, in all it's glory, in the sunlight, in ONE PIECE! :yahoo:
Rode it up to the gas station to fuel it up for tomorrow's ride to werk. Seems to run a wee bit better, but I dint nail it too hard...but it did slip the dang clutch a time or two....clutch cable felt a little tight. Once I got back, I loosened the cable adjustment a smidge, and made sure I had some free-play. Should be otay now. All lights working, fires up as soon as I hits the start button, idles really nice, no smoke/steam, and...NO LEAKS! Plus...I'm a full week ahead of my self-imposed deadline to finish! :yes: Granted...I skipped doing a few things I wanted to do, such as polishing the upper fairing molding, but I can do that in a few minutes anytime. I want to RIDE. Weather's nice, so ride I will. :moped:

btw...I tried to take a pic of the fuel/temp gauge light mod, but...my camera just won't do it. I closed the geraj door, turned the lights out, but the camera just won't show anything. Sorry. I can tell you the gauges are MUCH more visable now, tho.

Thanks for all the encouragement, ideas, and help, fellers. :thanks:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=168856#p168856:3atxkei1 said:
mcgovern61 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:16 pm[/url]":3atxkei1]
:party: :yahoo:

(BTW, before you head out.......check your tires!! :hihihi: )

:ahem: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

I checked them when I got back from the gas station. :cheeky: Still got the same pressures as they did the day I mounted them. :yes: :BigGrin:

If ya get bored, I've got a 1000 you can redo...[emoji12] Nice work by the way!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Very nice, congrats.
Hopefully this will give you lots of troublefree riding.
It looks very much like my 1100.
Time to get out and ride, the weather has been great.

Latest posts