They followed me home, can I keep them?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drained the tank and put if fresh gas before I tried it the first time. The tank didn't look too bad. Of course that didn't do anything about the old gas still in the carbs. My friend thinks the fresh gas and running it the day before shook loose crud in the carbs that plugged them. I will check the filter and pump. I may rig a direct gravity feed to bypass the tank, valve, filter, and pump and see if that makes any difference.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131654#p131654:26mevo1y said:
Ansimp » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:05 pm[/url]":26mevo1y]
Sounds like the carbs are all gummed up now or the fuel pump is no longer working :(

OR the fuel level in the tank was just below the "reserve" line and I didn't consider that possibility. :doh:

The bad news is I'm a dumbarse, but the good news is she's a runner! After a couple of minutes at 2500 it's now idling on its own very nicely. I'll send off for a couple of keys and when they show up it goes on cracklist. The brakes are in bad shape. They are probably frozen and the reservoirs are dirty. The fan kicked on. Lights and gauges aren't working because it's hotwired. This would be great for my next project..... no, it's time to buy heating oil. There will be another. At least I'll get all my money out of it including PA's high title fee, the parts bike, and a few nifty things like the front stand.

I got the parts I wanted off the runner and have placed the cracklist ad. Dang, I wish I could keep it! I keep telling myself there will be others but how often does a running one with good stock carbs show up this cheap? I have a feeling I'll regret it but the money is needed for other things. Now to reverse engineer that ride-off stand so I can copy it!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133745#p133745:3b7wbd03 said:
joedrum » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:28 pm[/url]":3b7wbd03]
hard decisions .. :headscratch:
Indeed!

The runner is off to its new home in NJ. Dude drove 90 minutes to come get it. I broke even on the deals cash-wise and made a nice profit in parts. I did remove the dipstick and front stand. Sometime this winter I'm going to reverse engineer that stand and see what it would cost to reproduce it.

Latest posts