What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...it were actually Saturday, but I cleaned it up a wee bit, pumped up the air in the rear shocks, and then Mama & I went for a little ride. Took it in to get the inspection sticker on it. About a 35 mile run. Not much, but nice just the same wid Mama on it. Almost ran outa fuel, too.... :Doh2: Had to switch to reserve on the way back.... :blush:

Here's a sneak peek at it.

image.php

Well let's see Saturday took the 1500 out for a ride swapped the stereos on it then swapped them back (ebay junk got me) then installed a USB Charge port. Then let's see oh yea rear brakes on ride home decided halfway home to not release when I used them so let it sit for a short few they released and then to my surprised next time I used them I had no rear brakes ... hmm I think that covers Saturday . Today made arrangements with shop to replace timing belts replace tires check and repair brakes and general maintenence stuff . Should be interesting

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133029#p133029:3qx5tbx2 said:
dan filipi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:22 am[/url]":3qx5tbx2]
I installed a LED H4 headlight bulb I got at the Bikefest.
A comparison video in a new topic tonight maybe. I'm impressed. Way better than the HID.

I ordered a LED headlight bulb. Can't wait to see your review Dan :good:

Had a closer look at the engine. It shows a lot of oil on the outside. I'll pull it apart this weekend an have a look inside. I'm suure the thing is wore out. Sure I'll need to build it from the block out.. All new everything.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133158#p133158:2sqh05db said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:25 pm[/url]":2sqh05db]
Had a closer look at the engine. It shows a lot of oil on the outside. I'll pull it apart this weekend an have a look inside. I'm suure the thing is wore out. Sure I'll need to build it from the block out.. All new everything.
Don't be so sure it is wore out!! Here is what my '83 looked like when I got it:

image.php

image.php

Here it is after cleaning and replacing a few gaskets and seals: (and maybe a coat of paint..... :hihihi: )

image.php

And now 5 years later and a change of color:

image.php

Point is, it runs like a champ even though the outside was filthy dirty when I got it!

Yup mine has that look too. The breather tube has a lot of blow by rez on the top to the rear cover. I have the original engine an it has Great guts 25.000 miles on it. my block has a low spot (it wasn't leaking water ) but was leaking compression. You could hear it on the combustion stroke, pull the plug wire sound went away (I have audio ) the gasket smelted into the low spot. (#1 was pluged jet leaned out got a litttle hot an here ya go )haven't had the time to take it to the shop to get an estimate on repair so I just bought another one. I ran it past Joe, he gave me his input option on it. It wasn't leaking but I removed the gasket material. So my luck would be the ladder total failure. I love this bike an have quite a bit in it too..

Attachments

• IMG_20140614_135808.jpg
    IMG_20140614_135808.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 111
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133161#p133161:veu0nwkr said:
mcgovern61 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:45 pm[/url]":veu0nwkr]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133158#p133158:veu0nwkr said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:25 pm[/url]":veu0nwkr]
Don't be so sure it is wore out!! Here is what my '83 looked like when I got it:

image.php

image.php

Here it is after cleaning and replacing a few gaskets and seals: (and maybe a coat of paint..... :hihihi: )

image.php

And now 5 years later and a change of color:

image.php

Point is, it runs like a champ even though the outside was filthy dirty when I got it!

Whhat did you use to get that so shiney

I replaced the 7 volt regulator. Man getting the back cover off the gauge cluster was a pita! Now my gauges appear to be working as they should. While I was in there I also replaced the bulb that lights the gauges.