What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zman, is that a bezel for a car or a bike? :headscratch: Either way looks great, would like to put one on my 87. :good: Might not fit the more I think about it. :oops:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150075#p150075:r35hia19 said:
Denver » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:40 pm[/url]":r35hia19]
Zman, is that a bezel for a car or a bike? :headscratch: Either way looks great, would like to put one on my 87. :good: Might not fit the more I think about it. :oops:
It is made for the 80-83 models, aftermarket part..getting hard to find in decent shape though, they are made of plastic and break or the chrome wears off.
Thanks.

I took it apart in February...finally making progress on re-assembly with water pump, brake seals, tank cleaning, valve replacement, head reconditioning, steering bearings, fork seals, timing belts, and LOTS of scrubbing.

Attachments

• IMG_0795small.jpg
    IMG_0795small.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 90
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150090#p150090:1cf2j3e0 said:
slabghost » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:52 pm[/url]":1cf2j3e0]
be certain the block is flat where the heads mount. Looking good!
+1... check the deck , your in too deep not to.

That's dedication rite thar! Riding TWO bikes at the same time.... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
:smilie_happy:
Have fun out there, William! :salute:

Well it's not what I did so much as what I might do, I'm currently the highest bidder on 2 sets of Harley mufflers. If I win the auction I might just have to explore doing a 4 into 4 setup with Harley slip-ons...[emoji16]

Mine had better be waiting patiently for me at home in the driveway, I'm tired of having to chase her down all over town when I'm gone...[emoji33]

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150285#p150285:219uc43g said:
rob.lafady » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:23 pm[/url]":219uc43g]
Mine had better be waiting patiently for me at home in the driveway, I'm tired of having to chase her down all over town when I'm gone...[emoji33]
:headscratch: uhhh bike or wife? :smilie_happy:

slabghost":26n311po said:
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150285#p150285:26n311po said:
rob.lafady » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:23 pm[/url]":26n311po]
:headscratch: uhhh bike or wife? :smilie_happy:
The funny thing about this is ever since I got my bike my wife has been wanting a bike of her own, she's licensed, but I have a hard time riding in a car she's driving, much less letting her out on a bike of her own! [emoji44]

I got mine back on the road Tuesday evening. Rode it to work the rest of the week. Today will be it's first real "ride". I'm meeting some friends from a local Vintage MC Facebook group for breakfast, then on to the annual BSA rally just across the border in Ohio.

I went for a ride last night up to the Stuart bridge and was parking my bike between to HD's they were kinda tight but I had room. I was worried about the bike to my left. When the rider returned to lean his bike up to ride away it would have been tight for him to pull out without getting close to my bag's. The bike to my right was a HighGloss Glittered white and black flake type paint job. The bike to my left was also a great looking HD. This is the only bike parking up there. So here is where the fun came into play :popcorn: :heat: :help: As i was putting my bike on center stand it started to go right in S L O W M O T I O N....! I thought it was going to fall scratch that It should have fallen :rant: I always leave my side stand down when I'm putting my bike on center and here is why. I wedged my left foot under the bike to my left ad it started to go Mind you my head was over the false tank so I was off ballance at this point. While I had my foot under the bike to my left I jerked it to the left to snatch it back left.. :sensored: :crying:. and it came back over. The look on my face was priceless and my wife almost tossed he cookies in her mouth.. :shock:. I must say either with my QUICK DRAW THINKING and the grace of God she didn't go. Fellas she should have.... It took at least 15 minuets for me to get right after that.. :heat: :good: .. Also the bike quit charging last night on the way back home Going to have a look today..

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150323#p150323:1st6ndp7 said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:56 pm[/url]":1st6ndp7]
I went for a ride last night up to the Stuart bridge and was parking my bike between to HD's they were kinda tight but I had room. I was worried about the bike to my left. When the rider returned to lean his bike up to ride away it would have been tight for him to pull out without getting close to my bag's. The bike to my right was a HighGloss Glittered white and black flake type paint job. The bike to my left was also a great looking HD. This is the only bike parking up there. So here is where the fun came into play :popcorn: :heat: :help: As i was putting my bike on center stand it started to go right in S L O W M O T I O N....! I thought it was going to fall scratch that It should have fallen :rant: I always leave my side stand down when I'm putting my bike on center and here is why. I wedged my left foot under the bike to my left ad it started to go Mind you my head was over the false tank so I was off ballance at this point. While I had my foot under the bike to my left I jerked it to the left to snatch it back left.. :sensored: :crying:. and it came back over. The look on my face was priceless and my wife almost tossed he cookies in her mouth.. :shock:. I must say either with my QUICK DRAW THINKING and the grace of God she didn't go. Fellas she should have.... It took at least 15 minuets for me to get right after that.. :heat: :good: .. Also the bike quit charging last night on the way back home Going to have a look today..
Nice save! :good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150324#p150324:2mm76ymy said:
Ansimp » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:51 am[/url]":2mm76ymy]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150323#p150323:2mm76ymy said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:56 pm[/url]":2mm76ymy]
Nice save! :good:

Thank you it was one of them moments you had to see it and Go .. His angel helped him tonight..! Truly that this should have went. :ahem: