What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:useless:
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153616#p153616:1jr9wab6 said:
brianinpa » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:17 am[/url]":1jr9wab6]
Mounted the passenger floorboards on the 1200 and that just throws off the alignment of how I have the Vetter bags mounted. One step forward, two steps back! :head bang:

Well,,, I have a month till I get my Drs OK to ride,,, I went out yesterday and started Scoot... As it was warming up, I really missed the sound and feel of motor purring and the wind,,, heading down a road that I have not been before... Soon come... Then I got out the cleaning supplies and cleaned and polished Scoot... Now just keep it that way till I can ride again... SW Florida is still hot and muggy... Take care and ride safe...

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153618#p153618:3uggwyho said:
mcgovern61 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:32 am[/url]":3uggwyho]
:useless:
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153616#p153616:3uggwyho said:
brianinpa » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:17 am[/url]":3uggwyho]
Mounted the passenger floorboards on the 1200 and that just throws off the alignment of how I have the Vetter bags mounted. One step forward, two steps back! :head bang:

It's useless because it didn't work either!!!!!! :smilie_happy:

I got the terminal blocks I'm going to try for wiring my rear lights. The 6 conductor cable should be in tomorrow. I'll take pics and start a thread in the wiring forum when I get down to it. I really wish I had taken some "before" so you could see the rat's nest of speaker wire and those nasty clamp-on splices. I might not be able to eliminate 1 or 2 of those because the remaining wire is so short.

Due to the rear harness being completely gone and the easy availability of the cable I will be doing it according to standard color code for trailers. It will be easy for anyone to figure out in the future.

Helped old friend convert his 83 standard to the Prelude type fuel pump used on my 1200's. :BigGrin: Biggest issue was never really understood exactly HOW a relay worked. :blush: Found an old drawing how to wire in a set of horns with a relay. Pulled cover off of a four prong & played with a 9 volt battery & ohme meter to understand just how, & why things are done this way, as factory only has a three prong relay on fuel pump. :read: Always had a basic idea but relays were usually swapped out when bad, & never needed to wire one in before. :headscratch: Made sure hitting kill switch, killed the pumps current. :yes: He is very pleased with outcome, starts quicker being electric has pressure on fuel line when key is turned on, as this kind seems to hold pressure better than mechanical pumps when shut down, & started cold.Says it has more power, & idle needed turned down. :smilie_happy:

while waiting for a missing muffler to turn up...... i am in the middle of derusting a fuel tank, and having it repainted with a 2pack black. got some carbs refurbished by Pistol Pete so spending that kind of money on the carbs and then using an old fuel tank dont make sense.
in the meantime, i spotted a fuel gauge on Ebay so i bought it. and then spied a brand new fuel sender unit. so, my LTD will be in for a big birthday soon..
image.php

image.php

Denver":ql0euzht said:
Helped old friend convert his 83 standard to the Prelude type fuel pump used on my 1200's. :BigGrin: Biggest issue was never really understood exactly HOW a relay worked. :blush: Found an old drawing how to wire in a set of horns with a relay. Pulled cover off of a four prong & played with a 9 volt battery & ohme meter to understand just how, & why things are done this way, as factory only has a three prong relay on fuel pump. :read: Always had a basic idea but relays were usually swapped out when bad, & never needed to wire one in before. :headscratch: Made sure hitting kill switch, killed the pumps current. :yes: He is very pleased with outcome, starts quicker being electric has pressure on fuel line when key is turned on, as this kind seems to hold pressure better than mechanical pumps when shut down, & started cold.Says it has more power, & idle needed turned down. :smilie_happy:
It may sound over-cautious, but anything with an electric fuel pump needs a tilt switch to kill it in event of a spill. On the 1800 it's called a "bank angle sensor", and when you drop an 1800 you become an OBAST.

Plus one on the safety switch :good: Tilt, oil pressure, spark sensing ( tachometric relay) or alternator charging, I like the idea of the fuel pump not working ( spraying fuel everywhere) in the case of an accident :doh:

Where is the bank angle sensor on a 1200? :headscratch: Never seen one, :nea: know where the one on 1500's are, :whistling: they were a real pain. Mine was bypassed years ago, & never took it to be replaced. :hihihi: Thought the kill switch was what was used in a mishap, on 1200's, wired his the same way, wont get current when kill switch is engaged. :thank_you:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153999#p153999:26mpar3h said:
brianinpa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:16 am[/url]":26mpar3h]
Installed a power outlet in the saddlebag of the 1200 for the wife. :head bang:
Gotta keep the coffee warm :smilie_happy: :good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153999#p153999:36nl1xe5 said:
brianinpa » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:16 pm[/url]":36nl1xe5]
For the curlers. gota keep the boss happy.

brianinpa":4qlujnmy said:
Never thought of that, I could mold one into the Vetter bags for her, thanks for the idea, got a picture for us?

I put the new front tire for the 1500 wing in the garage next to the new rear tire. It's time to do oil changes on both wings and brakes on the 1500 wing. my friend is doing the tires for me but I'm doing everything else

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154202#p154202:2526legc said:
slabghost » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:07 am[/url]":2526legc]
Naked 1500 is in the shop getting the tires installed. Well Valkyrie is much like a naked 1500 anyway.
:good: