What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to replacing the fuel, & temperature gauge, seven volt regulator, in my new to me 84 standard today. :yes: Got several from Mouser, a couple years ago, finally got busy on a harness, making it a plug & play type of deal in case of a need to go back to stock. :builder: Works great so far, & will replace the one on my other standard soon. :yahoo: A nice feature is, if it fails, it's SUPPOSED to fail shut, keeping the higher voltage, away from gauges. :good:

Finally took it for another ride, it's first in 2 weeks
viewtopic.php?p=156121#p156121
Also filled up and established once again 32-33 mpg is pretty much standard for the way I treat the Rats Nest. again I managed to see 8k on the rev counter a few times. Nothing better than having your mates amazed by how well the 'LeadWing' ( their words not mine :smilie_happy: ) actually goes when I flog the Rats Nest :whip: :whip:

:oops:Just a note: When you order a rear disk for an 80 - 83 KNOW THIS not all disks are equal. Know if you need a disk for a 2 piston or 1 piston caliper. 82's came with a 2 or I piston caliper. I found out the hard way. If it says fits 80-83, don't believe that, do your own research. :shock:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156136#p156136:klqi3mg8 said:
toytender01 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:56 am[/url]":klqi3mg8]
:oops:Just a note: When you order a rear disk for an 80 - 83 KNOW THIS not all disks are equal. Know if you need a disk for a 2 piston or 1 piston caliper. 82's came with a 2 or I piston caliper. I found out the hard way. If it says fits 80-83, don't believe that, do your own research. :shock:
Look out for Aspencades as well :(

I got new tires installed on my 1500 wing a couple days ago so I got up and out early today to see if I could break those tires in. I left home about 6:30 this morning and rode to Monroe, mi then down to grand rapids, oh. from there I took a bunch of two lane roads up and over to north Ridgeville, oh. so I could visit a friend and his wife I took I-90 back to the turn pike and headed west for us-23 and back to Michigan then home via us-12, I-94, and m-39. is 398 miles enough to properly break in a new set of tires

So after taking the four pack out for a 287 mile ride Wednesday, I took the six pack out today for261mile ride. Took I80 to Truckee, 89 to Sierraville, 49 to 20 to Marysville, 70 to 80 then to home. What a week :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian:

decided to give an LTD a big birthday. a few weeks ago actually, been waiting for the fuel tank to come back from the painters.
so, while there i put the carb set on recently rebuilt by Pistol Pete.
image.php

then i thought it might be a good idea to make sure the Dyna set up from no 3 is all going as it should. i had made connection up so
the original wiring remains. here are the coils.
image.php

and heres a better picture of the carbs on. at this point i fitted some new throttle cables
image.php

finally got the tank back and slotted back in. routed the clutch cable back in .
image.php

battery box back in, along with a new reg/rec ( all the way from China )
image.php

and the muffler back on, maybe should have put the brake master cylinder in. oh well.... tomorrow.
image.php