What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the weekend I put new coils on my gl1200. One of the old coils had a crack in the middle of it. Got it back together and rode it down the road and back, it ran great. The big test will be in the rain that is when it was cutting out.

good luck ... if it seems that dont fix it wires and ends might need changed also ...on oldwings this is the on disadvantage to the boxer motor all this stuff is directly expose to the sun and takes a huge aging thing going on over other bikes and these bikes are close to 40 yrs old also now

spent quite a bit more time on my LTD today. first job was to fit a brand new fuel tank sender unit i got off ebay a few weeks back.
image.php

image.php

got the false tank shelter back on , and swapped the fuel gauge over, the original one stopped working.
image.php

wired in a relay to supply the ignition ,
image.php

here is the voltage reading at idle with the new reg/rec .
image.php

after i warmed it up to make sure there were no leaks and all was good, i changed the oil and filter. put the rear wheel and guard back on, replaced the clutch switch ,adjusted the clutch and went for a ride. and all is good in this corner of the universe.. :moped:
image.php

Out a few miles on mine today. :yahoo: First ride in aboot 3 weeks for me. Sure was nice, too!! Ol gal still makes me smile every mile.. :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156466#p156466:3mcmg8bq said:
AApple » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:26 pm[/url]":3mcmg8bq]
Out a few miles on mine today. :yahoo: First ride in aboot 3 weeks for me. Sure was nice, too!! Ol gal still makes me smile every mile.. :yes:
+1

Have you had it up to speed yet? Looks like it affords good hand protection. It may need further adjustment to minimize buffeting. Looks great.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156605#p156605:qtubh98u said:
joedrum » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:54 pm[/url]":qtubh98u]
OK ....HOW MUCCH....looks like a must have :popcorn:

the seller wanted $75 with $30 for shipping from Maine. I didn't want to pay more than $75 total so I offered $45. It was on fleebay for quite a while, so she took it. :party:

slabghost":qtubh98u said:
Have you had it up to speed yet? Looks like it affords good hand protection. It may need further adjustment to minimize buffeting. Looks great.

65 so far and nothing to complain about yet as far as buffeting, but the top of the shield in about mustache level for me. I hope to do some highway speed this weekend and get the final adjustments done, but I have a Van Halen concert on Sunday...