What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it,started right-up.need a front valve stem.took wife to walmart front tire was low,went put air in-it.then the valve stem fell off in my hand.a new valve stem and a detail.then sigle digit weather coming... :sensored: winter.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 242
Ordered some "real" valve and timing belt covers for the 1100 - 1200 motor. It came with the chrome aftermarket ones that just aren't going to serve any purpose for me as the chrome is chipped and pealing.

Got home from work, pulled in the garage, got out of the car...................and stood there and stared at my bike for about 10 minutes......dreaming of warmer days to come.........(sigh).....

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=166428#p166428:1nanj7mj said:
kerryb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:47 am[/url]":1nanj7mj]
Look o n the bright side, you're only only down to your last engine, and you have skills to swap it out.

This is true, but the physical end this is challenging now. My body is telling me that this will take much more time to do. I guess 127 plus hrs every 2 weeks for 13 months did not sit well. Pushing the limit but the engine was smokeless. Now I know what happen the clutch went so it sat carburetors gummed up the end. I wish I had someone to help me do the work. My last hoorah before I have to whip out my wallet and pay someone.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=166468#p166468:1o5xwptt said:
slabghost » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:14 pm[/url]":1o5xwptt]
Transmission jack makes removing the motor much easier.
Yeah I was looking into getting one. I have the Nc Carport people comming in Feb. to put up my new work space inclosed closer to the toolbox where the boat is parked. Now I'm not trying to sound like a sissy but there is something going on in my left leg causing a great deal of pain and knubness. I CANNOT take anything stronger than motrion 800 due to being in recovery since 08. I nearly lost everything. Pain killers are out. Thanks to them wonderful Md]s we had here in florida. Made a true issue much worse for me. So thanks Joe. I will get it done Just need to get the work off the floor. Once I get the engines out things will move right along no doubt. But as you can see whenever I'm messing with my GoldWing I'm wearing My fav shirt.. Will keep ya'll posted and thanks..!

Latest posts