What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went down south today to the VW shop bought my H30/31 rebuild kit. Put my new aftermarket 30/31 in.
Also got the Empi 2016 catalog. More work tomorrow.

Attachments

• vw.jpg
    vw.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 213
Well it was yesterday but I switched to Rotella diesel oil in Crystal, it does shift smoother now(not that it was a problem before). I couldn't change out the plug washer so I guess the next oil change will be at George's place so I can use his dremel and cut it off.

~O~

Fixed the window on my car with a new regulator, another job out of the way, :heat: hit 60 today but looked too cloudy to ride when finished. :nea: May get to take a bike out tomorrow, :headscratch: supposed to be 70 & nice last i saw. :roll:

Teamwork, :good: nice going guys! :yes: Have two 84'standards, :whistling: still on the look out for another at a great price! :hihihi:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=169381#p169381:3g1ez5t7 said:
slabghost » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:17 pm[/url]":3g1ez5t7]
Bought a stable mate. :good: :BigGrin:

I'll be looking for ya when I'm cruising up and down Rt 7 in the tanker

I pulled each head bolt (one at a time), cleaned the bolts, holes in the head & greased each one....then torqued them to 42 ft/lb. I replaced a head gasket last spring and after about 1500 miles i started seeing a few drops of coolant on top of the block....It's definitely NOT the coolant tubes leaking. I never find any coolant after a ride, only after the bike sits a day or two. When I initially filled the coolant tank I ended up about 1/2 inch above the full line....after 4500 miles the level is now at the lower edge of the full mark, so you can see how little coolant I've lost. I did the work Sunday and put about 75 miles on it. I checked it yesterday when I got home from work and NO coolant on the engine.....hope the problem is gone. If not I'll probably replace the gasket sometime later this season. YES...it was an aftermarket (Vesrah) gasket. I got a complete gasket set for free from a buddy. Wish I had spent the money and got a genuine Honda gasket.

Ran three, rode one. :whistling: Cleared some of the clutter, around the patient on the table, some of stuff that needed put back into the rafter area got there. :hihihi: Supposed to be nice tomorrow, hope to ride the other two. :yes: Supposed to stay warm & rain after that for a few day's, maybe i can get back into the garage to work on the patient :roll:

Ran it to a fan cycle.
Full choke start on the solex started right up with gas a few months old.
Choke off after a minute, 800 idle then 1000 idle once warmed up.

I gotta clean it up and get in a ride this Sunday.

Well Wed rode the other standard but didn't get out till about 1300, :roll: after lunch rush traffic. Back in couple hours, too chilly after evening rush hour died down to go back out on the 91. :nea:

Latest posts