What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My arrival last meet was something. :smilie_happy: As far as what I did to my wing. I just checked to see if it hadn't fallen over yet. :smilie_happy:

Installed a set of LED red strips on my trunk that work with my brake light! Cheap too!! $14.99 at Pep Boys. Waterproof too !

https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/241377/00057/
CZ-176R_1.jpg

They work great!!

After changing the front tire last week, i wanted to try the 1000 front fender on the bike again as the new tire seems to be a smaller size, so I got rid of the plastic front fender in favor of the metal one. I also searched high and low for new places to strap all of my crap to the bike, bags, and trunk. I think I finally have the bike ready for the run to Joe's place!

Took the back of the bike off and removed the rear tire and wheel, waiting on the new one to get here. Got a couple ideas on removing the balancing beads I'm going to try while I'm waiting.

Went for a 200 mile ride with friends. wound through the foot hills. went through Dry Town, up ridge Road Highway 88 through Cooks Station, past Silver Lake to Kirkwood for lunch then back over the Mormon Emigrant Trail past Jenkinson Lake to Pollock Pines at HIGHWAY 50, then old road to Placerville for some galloto then highway 50 home. Some pix:
DSCF0123.JPG
DSCF0125.JPG
DSCF0127.JPG
DSCF0128.JPG
DSCF0129.JPG
DSCF0130.JPG
DSCF0131.JPG
DSCF0132.JPG
DSCF0133.JPG
DSCF0134.JPG

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90612#p90612:sjj3tqwm said:
backlander » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:42 pm[/url]":sjj3tqwm]
Took the back of the bike off and removed the rear tire and wheel, waiting on the new one to get here. Got a couple ideas on removing the balancing beads I'm going to try while I'm waiting.

I use a hole saw on my drill and dump the beads into a Tupperware container... don't tell my wife I stole one of her containers! :smilie_happy:

holesaw_kit.jpg

backlander":3io1lxvf said:

A clean shop vac? They aren't very expensive, anyway. Last time my rear was changed, the shop saved them and put them in the new one. I already had a spare sack full to go in it. I bought one of their bottles and tube the first time I installed them, and discovered that a vibro engraver works a lot faster than tapping the stem with a screwdriver.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Hard Plastic bottle with top tube for vac with cloth filter across intake and flex tube to deposit beads towards the bottom of bottle.

Took the wife for a short 80-90 mile ride today so she could get some seat time before our trip down into West Virginia later this week and weekend :moped: :moped: :moped:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90637#p90637:1tc1szv0 said:
AlaskaWing » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:37 pm[/url]":1tc1szv0]
What are balancing beads?

1982 GL1100
They're called dyna beads.
They are little white pellets put in the tire through the valve stem and supposedly balance the tire and wheel together.
I'm posting from my phone so it's hard to copy a link but Google search dyna beads to find out more info.

Changed the erl & filter on mine today, then took it to the car wash and cleaned the bottom of the engine off. Then I came back home, and tore the sucker apart. :shock: :builder:
Actually, I just took all the tupperware off, so I could clean the bike up. I've been caught out in a few storms the past couple of weeks, so the dern thing was gettin kinda nasty. Cleaned/polished the shiny stuff, ArmorAll'ed the inside of the fairing, and gave the plastic a good wershin & waxin. Prolly the cleanest this turd's been since I've had it. :smilie_happy:
Only took aboot 8 hours... :whistling: