What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packed her up and gassed her up too now just waitin on my navigator so we can hit the road by 1:00 PM :moped: :moped: :moped:

All day rain, and I had the day off! Went on errands in the wife's car, then worked on it, loaded trash and hauled it, mounted new air hose reel that the family got me for an early birthday gift. Also changed out the bolts loaded in my daughter's old rock tumbler. With some Harbor Freight tumbler media, it is cutting the rust nicely without dinging the threads up. I now have all of the connectors that I need to clean up the wiring harnesses on the Hunley. Need to cut a few brackets off of the frame now that it is stripped, and get it cleaned and masked for painting this fall when the East Tennessee humidity falls below 150%.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Rode the Rats Nest up to Steve's. Installed the daytime running lights, HID conversion, old cruising pegs off the Pig and a couple of Sutar brand cigarette socket plug points in place of the originals. :good:

I put my wiring all back into the fairing ,,was doing some trouble shooting on the volt meter, have not found the problem yet... may have to wait till next summer.. as soon will be heading to the desert for the winter. and will miss my Gold Wing... 82, 1100 ,,Aspencade. Great bike..

I started putting the forks back together. New seals, new oil, took a fine stone to the marks left in the tubes by a PO who wasn't thinking clearly. I hope this works 'cause I spilled fork oil EVERYWHERE and its not a process I want to repeat very often. :read:

Attachments

• IMG_8035small.jpg
    IMG_8035small.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 157
:Egyptian: I changed the oil and the gear oil in the final drive. Had it on my new HF motorcycle lift, which made it really easy. :Egyptian: :music: :yahoo:

Well...I'm attempting to put new plugs in mine today...but having a hard time finding the NGKs I want.... :builder: :Awe:

Rode the 1800 to church, stopped at Autozone for lapping compound, O'Reily for a small lapping stick, and for a fill-up of REAL gasoline!

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2