What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just rode Crystal to a friends to deliver a B-day present. Think I'll leave her home tomorrow and ride in the cager with the wife to work, she asked me the other day if I ever plan to ride with her to work again. :smilie_happy:

~O~

77 GL1000 not running yet.
Went to install my new Trottle cables. The old B was stuck, so I figured just cut the cable near the puck. :head bang: Broke the dang throttle handle right where the B puck goes.
So now am waiting for a new one that I ordered.
checked my "cadaver engine" fuel pump and it was fine.
Took a part the project FP and it was clean as a whistle.
Examined my LH switch assembly and noticed the headlight switch lever is broken with just a small nub left to operate the switch. Guess I'll go to EB and order a replacement.

Well, for the past few days I've not made a lot of progress. Trying to check out the wiring harness, patch all of the nicks in the insulation, replace connectors. Three days (what can be spent of them) looking up the correct wire colors and identifying connectors. All of the connectors in the junction box were in the wrong places, and it was pushed open by the tangle. Most of that is now sorted.

Tomorrow the wife and I ride the 1800 to Murfreesboro to visit a friend at their farmer's market and then meet with a bunch from the GL1800riders.com forum for a Tennessee lunch run. It'll be about a 300 mile day, and the forecast is great!

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

I power washed my bike the other night. But it does seem look dirtier. :headscratch: Maybe 70mph wasn't fast enough. :smilie_happy:

I just moved mine from the usual spot under my kitchen window to the other side of my driveway that floods so badly. We are in a Flood Watch until after sometime next Monday. That storm coming up from Meheeco is going to merge with our usual summer Monsoonal moisture making things ripe for some serious flooding.

I won't get to ride for at least two days. :sensored:

~O~

Took the cover off Suzy and rode her six miles to the local Farm and Ranch store, bought two trailer light kits and for some reason it was 37 miles back to the house. I must have went thru a time warp or sumpin. :headscratch: :moped: :yes:

Today i went to the Wisconsin GWRRA rally in Wausau. Perfect weather, traffic not bad, no deer.
Heck i even got a free lunch via GLwrench (thanks man).

What more could a guy ask for?

Attachments

• 1237166_10202000831968445_612475303_n.jpg
    1237166_10202000831968445_612475303_n.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 103
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93788#p93788:ddfkbjhy said:
joedrum » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:59 pm[/url]":ddfkbjhy]
fun I bet
i rode down to visit my friend doug and his wife vanessa. dougs mom passed away last weekend and he didn't sound sogood when i talked to him on the phone wednsday so i rode down to cheer them up. we rode over to cyclemax and i got a cooler rack for my wing and hemet holder extensions for his wing plus i gave him a fisheye cumpass for his wing

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93805#p93805:2nwfgkmm said:
detdrbuzzard » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:20 am[/url]":2nwfgkmm]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93788#p93788:2nwfgkmm said:
joedrum » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:59 pm[/url]":2nwfgkmm]
fun I bet
i rode down to visit my friend doug and his wife vanessa. dougs mom passed away last weekend and he didn't sound sogood when i talked to him on the phone wednsday so i rode down to cheer them up. we rode over to cyclemax and i got a cooler rack for my wing and hemet holder extensions for his wing plus i gave him a fisheye cumpass for his wing
+1!

Seers,

mounted:
- power outled
- navigation system
- newe mirror

made her ready for the trip tomorrow:
Switzerland, Austria, South Tyrol, and back to Bavaria :salute: