What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got those 2 broken bowl screws out, that's the good news.
Bad news is this rack has already been molested, one hole has a thread insert.
I had hoped it was a virgin rack, oh well.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93933#p93933:2zwi1h5q said:
Baunix63 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:56 am[/url]":2zwi1h5q]
Seers,

mounted:
- power outled
- navigation system
- newe mirror

made her ready for the trip tomorrow:
Switzerland, Austria, South Tyrol, and back to Bavaria :salute:

Nice prep work and I am jealous of your ride through the mountains :yes: have fun and be safe :good: :salute: :moped:

As of Aug 3rd, my '82 Interstate has risen from its long dormancy.
One of the last tasks was cleaning out the fuel tank.
Boy, I should have done that sooner, it was cruddy.
I want to thank everyone here that helped me with all of my questions.
The last thing I did was cut down the windscreen, when it rains (4 out of the last 7 days) the windscreen would get wet and difficult to see through, cutting it down helped immensely, now I only have to look through one wet surface, my helmet face shield.

Of my three Wings they are all going into storage, only the 85 is a running bike, the 81 has a bad motor and the 84 was somebody elses chopper project they gave up on so its a stripped bare to the bone bare naked GL1200 at the moment, just bought it last weekend for $50, all ten bikes in my collection are being moved from my shop where I have been working at for 18 years, partly due to a conflict of interest and mostly because during the winter the place where I have worked at for the last 18 years uses the building to make concrete septic tanks.
Being Alaska our summer is short, right now riding season is nearly over, days are cooler and wetter, I do not commute on the bikes anymore as the 0 dark thirty temps are mid and low 40's.
I am also taking the winter off from Alaska as well, heading down to visit my older sister and her son, she has lost one son and her husband and needs my help, and while down there just north of San Fransisco I am setting up operations to acquire several Wings while down there, whether I transport or ride any back to Alaska is up in the air at this point but there are a lot more of them at better prices down there than up here in Alaska.
I do not plan on returning to my current place of employment, too many problems with them and my passion, so I decided my calling was more important than their failing business, I can always get a job driving a concrete mixer elsewhere.
Anyway I am seeing a lot of mid 80's GL1200s a and a few GL1500 bargains around northern California. One guy right now has a 1990 Venture Royale exactly like mine with some fixable issues south of San Fransisco for $750 OBO. I would love to jump on that one as some people know I am marginally more predilected to the Venture over a same year Wing.

I took the 1500 out for a little tide yesterday. Spent 7hrs in the saddle. Wound up putting 193 miles on it. Wound around the foot hills of Placerville, El Dorado, Sommerset, Omo Ranch, PI PI Valley, At Highway 88 just south of Kirkwood(too much smoke from rim fire)came back down.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94227#p94227:3ih5pytu said:
toytender01 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:42 am[/url]":3ih5pytu]
I took the 1500 out for a little tide yesterday. Spent 7hrs in the saddle. Wound up putting 193 miles on it. Wound around the foot hills of Placerville, El Dorado, Sommerset, Omo Ranch, PI PI Valley, At Highway 88 just south of Kirkwood(too much smoke from rim fire)came back down.
My sister has a ranch in that area, myself I am in Alaska but this winter I am borrowing her RV for a couple of months and will be looking for good Goldwings, I would love to brink back about four of them, anything preferably 1200 aspencades or a 1500.
My goal is to bring back to Alaska at least six older touring bikes. Upper 80's era or newer ventures or Goldwings,

Got a jack under the front of the bike to get the front wheel off of the garage floor and pulled the fork caps and air hose off.
Went searching for a set screw to replace the air hose fitting, couldnt find a set screw in 8mm x 1.00 fine thread, course thread (1.25) only.
Settled for regular cap screw, gonna try to get it back together Friday.

Finally woke up in the morning and it wasn't dropping moisture from the sky so I rode it to work! :moped:

I got to work and the boss told me that she is going to send me home early too! :mrgreen:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94292#p94292:2p8zw14z said:
brianinpa » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:13 am[/url]":2p8zw14z]
Finally woke up in the morning and it wasn't dropping moisture from the sky so I rode it to work! :moped:

I got to work and the boss told me that she is going to send me home early too! :mrgreen:
This whole ride to work thing is tough for me.......I work from home now! I guess I should ride around the block a few times to simulate a commute? :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94301#p94301:32lrdl38 said:
dan filipi » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:07 am[/url]":32lrdl38]
You can drive those boats from home now?

Wow technology is awesome!!
(Just like drones!) :ahem:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94298#p94298:1n0spdgh said:
mcgovern61 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:54 am[/url]":1n0spdgh]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94292#p94292:1n0spdgh said:
brianinpa » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:13 am[/url]":1n0spdgh]

This whole ride to work thing is tough for me.......I work from home now! I guess I should ride around the block a few times to simulate a commute? :smilie_happy:

That is about as far as I have to commute. :crying:

Yesterday actually, drained the gas and put fresh in.
It runs better but no where near as good as it could.
Checked the carb sync, still lazy return to idle. Might have sticking slide or advance acting up.