What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wiped the dust and pollen off both of 'em so I could show them to family members visiting from Minnesota. My brother wants the '82. My nephew likes the 12" subs in the '83 trunk, and my 2 year-old great niece likes the "little birdies" on the side covers.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106144#p106144:1gzz1uwr said:
Steve83 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:52 pm[/url]":1gzz1uwr]
Wiped the dust and pollen off both of 'em so I could show them to family members visiting from Minnesota. My brother wants the '82. My nephew likes the 12" subs in the '83 trunk, and my 2 year-old great niece likes the "little birdies" on the side covers.
Lol.

Well, I did get some blocks of stiff packing foam glued to the Hunley's seat pan to build up the rear cafe racer hump. Still have over a week of restriction from riding or heavy lifting after some minor surgery last week. The GL1800 sets on the battery maintainer, looking lonely. I also tried out an old (1892) Singer sewing machine to see if I can sew up the upholstery myself -looks doable!

"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

@ Lowe's ,, about an hour ago!

Attachments

• Pic_0104_395.jpg
    Pic_0104_395.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 107
Ran it awhile to charge the battery.

Temps low 50 and heavy fog this morning.

I tried a bunch of twists to squirt gas with choke fully open, no go.
I couldn't imagine the single carb as I have it set up and jetted working for me long term without a choke for cold starts.

image.php

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107092#p107092:1e1cnkgp said:
dan filipi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 am[/url]":1e1cnkgp]
Ran it awhile to charge the battery.

Temps low 50 and heavy fog this morning.

I tried a bunch of twists to squirt gas with choke fully open, no go.
I couldn't imagine the single carb as I have it set up and jetted working for me long term without a choke for cold starts.

image.php
I sure hope that is fog coming in under the garage door and not smoke from unburned gas or oil??

I did post a question about buying a tank rack back for my 1200.
but i do not expect to be sucessfully then i see no wings with these bags on. Probably they are all broken and no one sells them. I suposse i will have to take a standard one and change it to fix to the rack. By the way, yesterday i cleaned my wing and rode a little bit with. Lovely :yahoo:

Have an arrival date of February 2nd for the Rats Nest. The ship is set to depart on the 17th of January. Can't believe it will be 5 months since I last rode the Rats Nest, should be a good test of my cheap AGM battery..

Had yet another glorious day of commuting, cold in the morning and riding home in short sleeves. w00h00!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107340#p107340:yt6prqcb said:
Ansimp » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:58 pm[/url]":yt6prqcb]
Have an arrival date of February 2nd for the Rats Nest. The ship is set to depart on the 17th of January. Can't believe it will be 5 months since I last rode the Rats Nest, should be a good test of my cheap AGM battery..

I bet she fires right up! :rocks:

~O~