What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The white Mother Ship (2005 Wing) suggested that the "Dark Side" (1983 wing) get some shades. That's what I put on when I got home from work.
:clapping:

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 107
dan filipi":3h8z2sqb said:
I pulled the seat and false tank to get the regulator to send to Joel only to find I had already removed it :head bang:

Do it all the time. That's how you get good at it ......... doing it 4-5 times. :salute:

Trying to figure how to get the signature photo smaller ... will figure it out sooner or later...........

patcoburn":2p7kumr7 said:
The white Mother Ship (2005 Wing) suggested that the "Dark Side" (1983 wing) get some shades. That's what I put on when I got home from work.
:clapping:
I am curious if it is hard to see through the smoked windshield at night? (Looks great!)

The brightness of the original headlight makes it hard to see at night anyway! :yahoo:

Actually I just put it on and haven't driven at night - I'll let you know how it is.

Spent the evening removing the right exhaust and mig welding a patch over two rust holes. I have more free time than cash so it was easy to justify time spent welding up rusty exhaust. My wing now has a very nice sound, after listening to the exhaust leak for the last month, I will probably appreciate the exhaust note of this bike all summer.

Got to love mig wire welders, its amazing how thin of metal can be repaired easily with them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

patcoburn":2h1saasg said:
I think CRS affects most of us as we advance in age. (Can't Remember S*it)

Well, they say the memory is the second thing to go...and I can't remember what the first one is, lol...but hey, look at the bright side of having dementia / Alzheimer's...you get to meet new people every day!

Brought tire air pressures up to par, degreased bottom side and final drive to get ready for some maintenance, went out on four lane to do a road test on performance since running two tanks of gas with atf and I was shocked at the difference, no stumbling, stuttering or bogging, shifted out of fourth into OD at 6000 rpm at 92 mph and it didn't take long to get there. Oatley 30999 cement for tupperware will be hear tomorrow so I can start repairing my trunk and a few other small places. It's been a good day.
Guess it's time to get started fixing some of these minor things, later, right after this cup of coffee,..and maybe a nap,....probably a snack. Oh heck, it will still be under the carport in the morning. :heat: :heat: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

IF all goes well, I'll be installing the RR I got from Dan this evening...and (hopefully)riding again tomorrow! First, tho, I gotta put the starter solenoid, wiring, and battery back in.... :beg:

installed new timing belts, set valve lash and began cleaning, sanding and polishing the belt cover. That thing has been rode hard and put up wet a lot of times in the past 31 years ... quite a challenge to get it presentable. Done for the day will finish and button it up tomorrow.

I have often wondered about soda blasting aluminum parts. Well, today I got an idea of what it can and cannot do. Went to my buddy's shop to use the bead blaster on these front covers. He said he didn't know what was in the cabinet and couldn't remember what they were doing last but thought it was some fine media in the machine and he didn't have anything else. no problem for me, I'm freeloading anyway. Well i started and man the powder was all over the place creating IFR (aviation speak for instrument flight rules meaning you can't see sh&*) conditions inside the cabinet. Couldn't tell if I was getting anywhere unless I stopped and waited for the powder to clear a but. After about 30 min of that I just dusted the covers off and went back home. They were so scratched and dinged I got pretty aggressive (for me) with the sandpaper. Got most of the mess cleaned up and they will shine but this won't be a show bike by any stretch of the imagination. It's a good looking daily rider with a fist full of power and that's just fine by me.

Never did belts before as this is my first wing so here's hoping I don't mash a pound of valves when I crank it. Turned it by had mucho times while setting the valves and everything is still smooth so I guess following littlebeavers procedure is about dummy proof.. Thanks for the most excellent video tutorial beav.

Washed and waxed it couple of days ago. Last night I took apart the drivers backrest adjusters and cleaned up the rust so that it would be easy to adjust on the road. One side was rust welded - it took some liquid wrench and heat to loosen it. Also used some Back to Black on the fairing dash-this stuff is temporary but makes the black plastic look pretty good.