why is my gl1000 overheating

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had the head gaskets done. Ill do the overflow lineinto a bucket of water trick to see if i have bubbles. Ive run it without the radiator cap and no bubbles or nwont push it out. Obviously it was cold. If its hot itll spit it right out.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=147323#p147323:26o7hzlh said:
Gonz » 34 minutes ago[/url]":26o7hzlh]
I just had the head gaskets done. Ill do the overflow lineinto a bucket of water trick to see if i have bubbles. Ive run it without the radiator cap and no bubbles or nwont push it out. Obviously it was cold. If its hot itll spit it right out.
Hmm....

Hi guys. I just bled the air out and filled her the correct way. Idled her about 10 or 15 mins. Rode her around the block a few times and she held. Ill double up the time tomorrow again. Like i said, everything went awry when i opened the overflow tank while runnin hot, put a bit of coolant in and closed her. The noise she made from the overflow tank/area was a real weird pressurising squeele. Really weird. Im hoping i got air in the system and now things are ok. Ran cold with cap off. No bubbles. No pushing out. Happy weekend everyone ... Go spurs go.

Have you checked to make sure that the fan is pulling air through the radiator and not trying to push the air through the radiator? I had a 79 that acted the same way when I wired a handle bar switch backwards once.

Brad

Latest posts